Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I cheated with my Dirt Devil

I cheated. Badly. With my Dirt Devil no less. It was beckoning to me from the box. Cordless Convenience! Quick Power! Versatile Cleaning! Cleans Carpets and Bare Floors! Quick and Easy Storage! No Bags!

I couldn't take anymore. I was supposed to charge it for the full 24 hours. I couldn't resist. Maybe that's why they call it the "Dirt Devil?" It works like a DREAM. So light. So efficient! I wanted to use it all over my house!

How much time will I have to spend in The Confessional for cheating? No wait, I'm not a Catholic anymore. I'm Episcopalian. Whew! We're more liberal socially. I really don't want to go to hell over a vacuum cleaner.

6 Comments:

Blogger Zen Wizard said...

"Dirty Angel" doesn't have the same ring to it, vis a vis a vacuum--but it would be a nice name for an inflatable doll.

I guess we are theologically dualistic when it comes to our dirt--"Dirt Mortal" doesn't really sound like something you would reach for when you knock a potted plant over.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

Oooh you temptress, you! Now you got me asking hubbie and kids for one on MY birthday! No Bags? Cordless Convenience? STOP - I say! Lead me not into Versatile Cleaning temptation!!!
:-D

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also have to say I've cheated too - once or twice - once it was with a partially charged screwdriver - I had to get the job done - unfortunately the screwdriver pooped out half way through the job - I guess somebody up there was punishing me for not following instructions. I've also done it with chargeable flashlights but had better luck - no punishment those times. Anywho WW if there is a heaven you are bound to get there and no Dirt Devil guick charge is going to stop it. Hope I am as lucky. Old Baldy

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cordless?? Oooooh, I have to have one!

I just spent some time digging around in your archives. Great blog you have here. Congratulations on the windfall and I'll definitely be back!

10:27 PM  
Blogger The Neurotic Worrywart said...

Hahaha, we all do stuff like that from time to time. By the way, what is a Episcopalian? Sorry, I'm not very big into the religion stuff but this is the first time I've come across this term

11:20 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Yay! How fun, I love to play with new toys. Whenever I've gotten new phones in the past I could never wait to fully charge them.
I'm sure it'll be fine.

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker