Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, December 10, 2005

A Dream........



I had a dream. A young girl named Lilly came to me; she was a sad spirit. She told me of her life as a child with her only goal to please her parents. Alas, they expected musicial and athletic genius as well as academic prowess. She spent her childhood striving toward their approval - enduring all kinds of abuse in these environments. Still, she endured...mentally and physically suffering from the effects of such stringent expectations. She looked to the future speaking of her vision as an adult wondering why now when she met their desires, spent years doing so......when she has small requests of these parents......why aren't they too driven to please her? Is this one of the mysteries of life she asked me? I held her close as she wept. I had no answers.......

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger phoenix said...

Hard dream to have WW... perhaps something from your own youth? Cyber hugssssssss (((((((((((WW))))))))))))

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fashion these days in neuroscience is that dreams have no meaning but I'm not so sure...

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lilly, ohmigosh.....I'm sure I wasn't dreaming about you but...was I? Phoenix, it's haunted me all day. Snake, I am a firm believer in dreams do mean something....especially those that linger.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

Too often parents try to live their own fantasies through their children. When these kids fail - the parents think they failed them.
...An 18-year-old lad near me, could not take the pressure. He hung himself in a public park with his belt.
...A note in his pocket read.."Sorry Dad, I know I let you down."
...A straight A student all of his school years, he had just received a B+ in a Religion Class that only required attendance.

10:57 PM  
Blogger ardi k said...

The answers are in the unspoken words. We all have them when we look with love on each soul in God's creation.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Wow....definitely heavy

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WW. You can only pity the parents that have missed out on enjoying a relationship with this young woman that has achieved so much! I am sure this woman has learned the lesson that the more you give the more you get and is not repeating this mistake with her children.

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey WW: don't worry about that dream anymore. I can tell from your postings that your parents would be (are) very proud of you. I hope they are still with you. I also hope if they are still around that they are not a burden to you. Too often today the parents become the burdens and then we see places being changed-particularly if they have dementia or serious illness. Poor old Lilly, who knows after enduring the abuse she now may have to be caring for the the same dregs who abused her. As for me, I was made to do a lot of work and got punished when I couldn't get it all done. Don't feel exactly good about that but guess didn't really hurt me too much. 'Course I was a bed wetter until I was 48. Old Baldy

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker