Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Satisfaction and Exhaustion


I don't normally post twice in one day. I am exhausted, but it is in a good, satisfied way. My downstairs is spotless! The party was FUN! I am so in the spirit. Hearing those girls laugh and chatter away with Christmas music in the background just lifted my soul. They really are so very special.

And hungry. I had planned on just quiches, cheese and crackers, cookies, gingerbread men, cocoa and sodas. Well, at the last minute, I panicked and ordered three large cheese pizzas. Something just told me to do it. I listen when I get those messages. Those girls ate it UP! I think they're at the stage where they are growing. Now, tell me, what is with this generation who did NOT eat the gingerbread men? Almost every one of them said, "I've never had it before." Not one was keen to try it either! They gravitated to the PIZZA. I gravitated to the quiches. I took lots of pictures, got lots of presents to put under my tree. I shouldn't feel so excited about presents - but I confess I do! My feet are the tiredest (as you can see from my picture!) LOL.......I am so tired that I have a foot spa but I am too tired to clean it out and fill it up. I think I'll settle for a lovely shower and my spa slippers that I throw in the microwave. Did I tell you I awoke at 4:00 this morning? zzzzzzzzzzzz I'm sleepy......zzzzzzzzzzz.......I'm having a salad, a shower, and bed and in that order......zzzzzzzzz..... Hope you sleep well......sweet dreams.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Gingerbread, My daughter won't touch them either. I like them though! Glad you had a great time!

5:00 AM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

My teenage daughter and her friends are junk food addicts in camouflage. When there are boys around, they'll sip on a soda, take tiny-tiny bites of something dietic and "nutritious", e.g. celery, carrots. But, get these gals alone at a party and hold on to your hats people... Pizzas, souvlakia, burgers, you name it they want it!
:-)

5:47 AM  
Blogger David said...

Hey it is today's generation and old fashioned things are out. Pizza is in - gingerbread is not. But gingerbread will always be magical this time of year. Sounds like they had a blast.

Just catching up and have to comment on the letter below. That reached out and grabbed me. I think my youngest daughter could write such a letter about me. I hope that made you feel better. Why not share it with her?

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always listen to messages about pizza. They're important.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Kitty said...

It sounds as if the party was a blast. I hope you slept well - you deserve the rest for a day well spent!

10:25 AM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

They didn't eat ginger bread? That is just wrong. Thats like cutting the onions. Thats like chocolate chip cookies with no pecans. That is like mild picante sauce.

Send the cookies here. I'll take care of them.

11:17 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

TOD - your downstairs is clean? wow - I am impressed - now ill go do dishes!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Enjoy those slippers! They sound great! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker