Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, December 23, 2005

Exercise, Breakfast, Shopping and Broken X Box

My parents (my dad and stepmom) got worried about me running in the street. They gave me my Christmas present early. A membership to a health club. Goodness, I hadn't been in a health club in awhile. I felt.....intimidated. I shouldn't have. Nobody really cared what I wore or what I looked like. I didn't even know so many machines exist! It was fun. I got on the treadmill, the bike, the stairmaster, goodness! It was exhiliarating. Watch me not be able to get up tommorrow!

After we all exercised, we went out to breakfast/brunch. I feasted on one of my favorites -- Eggs Benedict. Yummm. I went home to finish some paperwork and mail it out. I headed to the mall. The parking lots were jammed but I slid right into a "windfall" space -- front space right by the door. I finished my shopping thank heavens!

We went out to dinner for California burritos. The workers were authentic Mexicans and couldn't understand our party at all. I hoped for the best when I got my food. I just got home after being gone all day except for the stop in for the paperwork and shower. 'Tis the season for shopping and eating and exhaustion I guess. Last night I actually slept through the entire night last night. That never happens to me. I'm a really light sleeper.

Poor Walt. Remember him waiting all night for the XBox? It's BROKEN. It worked three days and it is NOW BROKEN. That was his entire Christmas. He is trying hard to keep his spirits up. I feel so very sorry for him. I don't know what to do. His parents are devastated. His Christmas was mainly centered around stuff for the XBox and now there is NO XBOX. He was jokingly saying, "Microsoft has RUINED my Christmas." He is a brave boy. Something could still happen to fix it. Best Buy promised that they would exchange his other one for a new one when a shipment comes in. I do hope a new shipment comes in tommorrow, and he gets one. He so deserves it. I think all of you deserve a little holiday windfall. Here's hoping you get one.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Kitty said...

Here's hoping your muscles aren't 'screaming' in the morning.

I'll say a prayer for Walt that Best Buy comes through for him tomorrow.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Ruvym said...

No way is he getting a new XBOX anytime soon; those things are so backordered you wouldn't believe.

1:06 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

why thank you! having friends turns out to be the best gift of all- and I count you as a gift in this life, and perhaps a neighbor in the life to come.

2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker