Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Hey, I'm just thinking

Yesterday my boss called me. He was "just thinking," he said as "I walk to the sandwich shop." WFW, he said, "why don't you set up a strategy meeting for the RFP (request for proposal) that MAY come out?" He went on, "Let's get a group together to talk about what the customer MAY want and build some strategy and tactics." I sat, listening to him and thinking, (and muffling giggles and a dash of agitation). "You're not saying anything, WFW," he said as I could hear the wind whipping through his OTHER cell phone (yes, he has two). "Actually, Mr. Manager, I'm just thinking," I replied. It occurs to me that in this day and age of fast food and instant gratification that maybe we just don't have time to think anymore. Maybe we aren't ALLOWED. Maybe that's why the world is in the shape its in. As for me? Maybe I'll be a rebel. Maybe I will just sit down and keep thinking and to heck with them all.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Count me in among the thinkers! It's in my own blog title, after all. :)

10:08 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

I think that a lot of people don't take time to think, don't allow themselves to think or are not equipped to think.
That's what I think.
I also think the bow on that polka dot outfit is ridiculous.

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tryin' to keep one step ahead of the client ain't all bad, but I always try to do what's asked and not try to read other folks' minds. It'll sometimes get ya in trouble.

Take care, WFW.

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WFW: sounds like your manager has his brain in overdrive and expects everyone else to do the same. In the chicken business I could plan for all kinds of things to happen: "suppose the well runs dry," "what to do if the power lines go down and I don't have any electricity," "gosh, I hope the feed truck arrives - what will I do if it doesn't?" The worse one of all is, "heck, suppose people stop eating eggs?"

You know we could play "what ifs" all day long and still go to bed thinking up other situations. I learned a long time ago there are too many unknowns to worry about. Sure, I plan for the future in a lot of areas and I take care of my health (both physically, emotionally and financially).

All of this thinking about "what ifs" has made me want to go do some weight lifting out in the barn and then eat a piece of cold chicken and some of the wifey's apple pie. See ya. Old Baldy

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think your somewhat naive.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

Pensive can be good.

Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from
the Cool Raggedy one

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker