Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Top 25 Favorite Songs

1. Somewhere Over the Rainbow - Judy Garland
2. Fields of Gold - Eva Cassidy
3. Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynrd
4. All I Ask of You - Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman
5. Gimme Shelter - The Rolling Stones
6. Not Fade Away - The Stones
7. Do You Hear What I Hear? - Whitney Houston
8. The Sound of Music - Julie Andrews
9. Waiting on the World to Change - John Mayer
10. One Fine Day (Un Bel Di From Madame Butterfly) - Opera Babes
11. Seasons of Love - Theme from Rent
12. Lullaby - The Dixie Chicks
13. You're Still You - Josh Groban
14. I'll Still Love You More - Trisha Yearwood
15. Let Me Let Go - Faith Hill
16. 100 Years - Five for Fighting
17. Both Sides Now - Joni Mitchell
18. I Walk the Line - Johnny Cash
19. Crazy Love - Van Morrison
20. Suspicious Minds - Elvis
21. Tupelo Honey - Van Morrison
22. He Stopped Loving Her Today - George Jones
23. Son of a Preacher Man - Dusty Springfield
24. Midnight Train to Georgia - Gladys Knight and the Pips
25. Whipping Post - The Allman Brothers

This Top 25 was ROUGH! I went with songs that no matter how many times I hear them......I still LOVE them. I know, I know. I'm sure I've missed one (or more). Tell me who you like and who I'm missing.........I'm curious.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Windfall Woman: I love your numbers 1,18,20 & 25. My current fav singer is Corinne Bailey Rae...her songs, Like A Star, Enchantment and Put Your Records on are creative as is her voice.

Thank for stopping by novelistrogue. You were the first to comment on my first post. I'm new at this and hope I don't become bored with it. BTW I'm intrigued with your 25 thingies.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WFW: I left a comment but somehow erased it, I think.
1. God Bless America, Kate Smith
2. Some Where Over the Rainbow, Linda Lane (she was in the third grade and I was in the fourth - always think of her when I hear the song).
3 - to whatever. Dixie Chicks, I like anything they sing.
I like a bunch of others but these come first. Old Baldy

1:23 PM  
Blogger Heather B said...

Just found your blog ... love it! :) I may even be borring a few of these "top 25s"

1:28 PM  
Blogger momzilla said...

They call the wind Maria...Sung by Clint Eastwood in the Movie Paint Your Wagon. Every time I hear it I get chills...Also one of my favorite movies...Viv

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More Than a Feeling Boston
Money Pink Floyd
Reannan Fleetwood Mac

to name a few

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waterfalls by TLC

That pissed off song by the Dixie Chicks

When Doves Cry by Prince

Anything by Sting

Anything by Alanis Morissette

I can't think anymore!!

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks, you're doing really well too. we're neck in neck there. or not. i don't know, i can't figure that thing out. i never thought i'd do something like that, but it's been fun. i always wanted to be caught between lots of ass like that! (so creative.) i really like your 25 lists. ambitious, yet structured. if you'd like to cross-link, let me know.

i feel like adding a song, too. i'm tempted to add some shite, so here's one i think you might like: Fear by Sarah McLachlan. cheers/saludos.

12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you're missing chicken. Oh wait ... this is a list of songs, not foods! ;)

8:39 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

17, 23, 25 yay!

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta have "Stairway to Heaven", "Under the Bridge" & "Bohemian Rapsody". Also "Natural Woman", "What Becomes of the Brokenhearted?" and "Tell It Like It Is". Golly. There's no way to pick 25, but you gave it a heckuva try.

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your #7. I've always had a soft spot for Whitney's take on that song. I just didn't know anyone else did. :)

I love lists so I'll give this a shot:

1. "One" - U2
2. "Not Dark Yet" - Bob Dylan
3. "Fake Plastic Trees" - Radiohead
4. "Backstreets" - Bruce Springsteen
5. "Jerusalem" - Steve Earle
6. "Independence Day" - Martina McBride
7. "Time for me to Fly" - REO Speedwagon
8. "Don't let me get me" - Pink
9. "Better Man" - Pearl Jam
10. "Starting to Hurt" - Ryan Adams
11. "Second Hand News" - Fleetwood Mac
12. "Honey Don't Think" - Grant Lee Buffalo
13. "Sweet Caroline" - Neil Diamond
14. "Trains" - Ron Sexsmith
15. "Free Fallin'" - Tom Petty
16. "Angel's Wings" - Social Distortion
17. "Again Tonight" - John Mellencamp
18. "Van Lear Rose" - Loretta Lynn
19. "As long as I can be with you" - Patti Scialfa
20. "Show me Heaven" -- Maria McKee
21. "Susan when she tried" - Statler Brothers
22. "Fidelity" - Regina Spektor
23. "Wrecking Ball" - Emmylou Harris
24. "Simonize" - Pete Yorn
25. "Countdown" - Lindsey Buckingham

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker