Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, January 14, 2007

The First of my Top 25

Snake left a comment that has inspired (thank heavens) me to begin a series of Top 25s. (Referring of course to being on 25peeps (yes, I'm still on it) .......which has been referred to as "25creeps"........LOL. Anyhow, since he asked what movies I rented last night, and I DO have this incredible FREE trial (yes, we rich people love pinching pennies).....I thought I would start with my favorite 25 movies (in no particular order). I'm going to make lists of 25 for all sorts of things. So stay tuned.

First, I saw "My Super Ex Girlfriend" last night. It had all the makings of being a "Blockbuster" hit; but it just ran.... Luke (Wilson)warm. Uma Thurman (I like her in movies) was the "Superhero," but it was just too nuts. Also, don't let your kids see it. There are alot of ....sexual references in it. (My Girl Scout troop wanted to see it.) By the way, if you need a Super Hero fix, go read Henry the Adequate - a new friend who dubbed 25peeps 25creeps.

Here they are in random order, WFW's top 25 movies:
1. To Kill A Mockingbird (Gregory Peck good)
2. Duel in the Sun (Gregory Peck bad)
3. The Sound of Music (has it all…great music, great love story, great family)
4. Where the Heart Is (watch it when you’re depressed or need to get “up”)
5. The Birds
6. Home Alone (modern favorite Christmas movie)
7. It’s a Wonderful Life (favorite classic Christmas movie)
8. The English Patient (possibly the most romantic, sexy movie ever made)
9. Elizabeth (favorite historical movie)
10. Bridget Jones’ Diary (Colin Firth is dreamy)
11. Air Force One (Harrison Ford when he was sexy and a REAL kickass President)
12. The Notebook (true love transcends boundaries and the leads fell in love with each other)
13. Lean on Me (Morgan Freeman inspiring)
14. Driving Miss Daisy (Morgan Freeman heartwarming)
15. Legally Blonde (Reese Witherspoon triumphs over the smug ex)
16. Gone With The Wind (Vivien Leigh and Clark Gable are riveting)
17. Mildred Pierce (Joan Crawford – fantastic!)
18. Castaway and Big (Tom Hanks is just great)
19. Any movie with Sir Laurence Olivier - Wuthering Heights is my favorite though
20. The Count of Monte Cristo ( with Jim Cavaziel)
21. The Pursuit of Happyness
22. Any Jack Nicholson movie – A Few Good Men (“You can’t handle the truth); Terms of Endearment; As Good as it Gets
23. Sliding Doors (Gwyneth Paltrow is marvelous in this one!)
24. An Affair to Remember – but ANYTHING with Cary Grant
25. Love With the Proper Stranger (Natalie Wood and Steve McQueen – a twofer)

Any comments? Your favorites?

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

There are some great movies sprinkled in there. My favourite is 'The Hours' followed by the 'Godfather trilogy'.

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jean-Luc, I'm adding them to my queue for Blockbuster having not seen any of those. Yes, yes, I know. I've never seen The Godfather!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

lots of good movies in your list!
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from
the Cool Raggedy one

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite Tom Hanks movie: Joe VS the Volcano, and not just because Meg Ryan plays three parts in it.

And thanks for the mention, btw. :)

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may like my book EVENINGS WITH CARY GRANT. It's all in his own words and in the words of the people who knew him best. No conjecture. No cut and paste. No mythology. No secord sources. All primary sources. Foreword by Barbara and Jennifer Grant. Nancy Nelson

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quite a list you have here, WFW!

Colin Firth was an excellent Mr.Darcy in BBC's television series "Pride and Prejudice". I recommend it. (I also liked him in "Love Actually").

I like a lot of Meg Ryan movies, especially "French Kiss" with Kevin Kline. One of my favorites.

Another movie that ranks high with me and makes me laugh and cry: "Steel Magnolias". Superb female cast line-up.

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to all your "25's". The Princess Bride has always been a favorite of mine, along with While You Were Sleeping - - I enjoy the characters that Sandra Bullock plays.

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Raggedy - great to see your cute face again.

Ben - You're welcome.

Nancy Nelson - I'll check Amazon.

FW - Mr. Firth was my favorite in Pride and Prejuidice! I love Meg Ryan too. It's a shame she's messed up her looks with all that surgery or whatever. Ah yes, Steel Magnolias. Great movie. I'm boycotting Julia right now.

Jennifer - I'm with you on "While You Were Sleeping." In fact, it probably didn't mention it because I've watched it too many times. The 25s to come.

7:35 AM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Check out "A Big Hand for the Little Lady."

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker