Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Thank you and Ideas for a Friend

First, I want to thank all of you who voted for me on 25peeps. My time came to end early this morning. Secretly, I accomplished what I set out to do. My goal? To make it on the site long enough to earn a spot in their "Hall of Fame." (I'm number 48 out of 100 right now.) Why? I said several times that I wanted to prove that a clothed individual writing a blog about something other than sex would be read and revisited. Please understand that I am not judging the half naked/naked/sex blogs featured. I simply wanted to prove that blogs OTHER than those are interesting to people in the blogger world. Enough said.

NOW.....on to the interesting stuff......a great blogger friend of mine - Big White Hat - has lost his job. He is my hero responsible for assisting me with my blogroll and making my "Rich Reads" tag which sits over on the left side of my blog. Anyhow, he commented jokingly that maybe I could write about 25 new jobs for him. That got me to thinking....if I lost MY JOB.....and I didn't have the windfall......what would I do? What do you think BWH should do? Oh and......if I get 25 job suggestions for BWH, I'll probably post them.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I hate to hear that BWH lost his job - that is never good news. Knowing what BWH did for a living might make suggestions easier? Good luck, BWH.

9:18 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

i read BWH - and believe God will do something great for him. he is a stand up guy!

if I had it to do over, i would teach woodworking, and then stab myself with a chisel when I saw who they put in my classes.
hehe

8:25 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

WFW, was that photo that garnered those votes on 25peeps actually of you?

11:01 PM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

I appreciate this WW.

Lauri, I am an Equipment Engineering Technician in a Semi Conductor Fab. But, I think I want to do something totally different.

David, are you Sugarloaf David?

12:00 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

Re Hall of Fame - good for you. I missed out by a day or two. Pity that.

The really disappointing thing is how most of those half-naked peeps turn out to be pointing to ordinary, totally non-naked non-sex blogs. That's false advertising, that is.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

I love your 25's. I thought it was great!
I had fun clicking you at the peeps place.
I am sorry BWH lost his job.
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from
the Cool Raggedy one

9:09 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

yes BWH, that is me sugarloaf mountain, Ca
WFW :
ahem, your Wednesday post has you (or your chosen avatar) BARELY clothed, but we will overlook that just this once.
we like you for your inner beauty.

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think BWH should consider mission work. It's what my husband and I have always wanted to do - ever since we started doing mission trips with our church. There is a GREAT organization out there called Youth With a Mission (YWAM) - they're nationwide. We've worked with them in the past, but they employ full time missionaries here in the US. It's a really great program.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I loved your 25s. You deserve much higher then #48!
Sorry to BWH.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

Personally, I think if your friend is this computer literate, he should be able to find a job relatively quickly because I'm impressed with anyone who knows about computers. So good thoughts his way on the job front.

As for you, you're never boring. Hope you're having a great day. I changed blog urls. :)

take care.

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WFW: I haven't had to look for a job in over 25 years but from what I understand big old white hat should take some kind of interest test to determine what kinds of work he is ideally suited for. There he should pare it done to those jobs for which he is qualified. From that list select those he is most interested and then go to the US DOL website that shows the number of jobs within a given labor market. Also, it is helpful to determine which contacts he has or could develop that might be able to help in getting his application to the right people (again within the jobs he wants). As we all know there are a number of websites to use in the job search. I got all of this from my son who was looking for a job after a military discharge. Old Baldy

4:17 PM  
Blogger Hello from Julia said...

I noticed you're off, but good for you. Congrats, you were on for a long time. (I might try again with a totally different pic to see what that does for traffic.) I visited your friend's site. Like I said to him, I've always been a believer in pursuing your hobbies. I enjoyed design in my spare time, and that's how I decided to get my design degree. And after a lifetime of studying languages, I got certified as an English teacher, just for fun. Opened up new worlds. Some peeps use the excuse that your hobby will become a chore, but I completely disagree. It's all about what you love!

2:15 AM  
Blogger DBFrank said...

I told that good old boy to take up computer work...he's obviously good at it :)

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker