Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, January 19, 2006

My New Hero is ........ANTONIO DAVIS


ANTONIO DAVIS! I don't even know the man, but already I love him. I think he's a role model. What did he do? Read this:

CHICAGO (Jan. 18) - Knicks forward Antonio Davis climbed into the stands out of concern for his wife and was ejected without further trouble Wednesday night during the Chicago Bulls' 106-104 overtime victory against New York.

"I witnessed my wife being threatened by a man that I learned later to be intoxicated," Davis said in a statement issued after the game. "I saw him touch her, and I know I should not have acted the way I did, but I would have felt terrible if I didn't react. There was no time to call security. It happened too quickly." Davis ascended about 10 rows of seats to reach his wife in the stands.

OK, I'm not even a pro basketball fan! But a man who leaps up 10 rows during a basketball game to take care of his wife? He's a keeper in my book!

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger David said...

I have to agree with you that in this case he did a good thing by going into the stands. A man should protect his lady.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Lauri said...

Wow! I wonder if he caught this out of the corner of his eye while playing basketball? And why was she sitting 10 rows up? I'd think she'd get courtside.

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll try not to sit next to her during any Knicks games.

10:33 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

I agree! He's a hero in my book and I am sure he's a hero in her eyes!

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, sister!

10:46 AM  
Blogger DBFrank said...

In this age when chivalry is dead (or at least dormant), and brawls are common place, I too was pleased to see an article of a man set on defending his spouse in a civilized manner. He acted appropriately, in MHO, and I hope he does not suffer retribution for his actions.

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eyewitnesses said that his wife was being beligerent and making demands of a fan to stop cheering against the Knicks. When the fan refusesd, she apparently got up in his face.

It appears it was Kendra who started the whole thing.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

I'm glad you got your emails...I kept getting my comments bounced back to me this past week. :)

Yes, Antonion Davis is a "white knight" and I do love those knights!

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jus checking in - got of shipment of chicks coming in at 3 and got to get ready for them. Old Baldy

1:49 PM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

I hope that's the way it really happened. Several witnesses in the stands sitting nearby claim that Davis' wife was using foul language directed at the man's kid who was kicking the back of her seat and the man was trying to keep her from using foul language in front of her. He is going to sue Davis and his wife.
...It'll be interesting to find who was defending whose honor.

12:14 AM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

I betca he climbed those 'bleachers' three rows at a time! I wonder, what happened to the guy harassing his wife?

3:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ZARDOZ SAYS:

DONT GIVE IT A SECOND THOUGHT
OUR PRINCESS,
THE TIME WILL COME AND SOOONN
WHEN A KNIGHTED MAN
WILL DEFEND YOU TOO.

-----ZARDOZ THE WIZARD HAS SPOKEN.

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker