Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Drama, Love, Wives and Husbands...and Luckey Couple


You guys know I don't write about politics. Except, of course, when Harriet Miers stole my word - Windfall. I even majored in Political Science and English at college. I worked on campaigns, etc. I frankly hate politics and politicians. I'm convinced it's all corrupt. So, you can imagine that the Supreme Court judge selection process that I can not impact IS of NO INTEREST to me. Especially since THIS President is nominating him -- which has to be a train wreck in the making.

THEN....it happened. Something happened to INTEREST me. (No, I wasn't watching Jerry Springer) They made Judge Alito's wife CRY. And suddenly, he seemed like a real person and so did she. She had finally had enough. She left crying, and then during the break, I saw him on television comforting her. He was the picture of solicitude. It was nice. It was sweet. I think he'll get confirmed based on it.

Speaking of loving wives and husbands. I hope a certain friend of mine doesn't mind me mentioning her. It's Luckey Girl.........she wrote the most beautiful post the other day about "little things" with a picture of the "Luckey Guy" (her husband). The picture says it all. She's a Luckey Girl, but he's a Luckey Guy. They seem to have a "Luckey Marriage." It was great this week to see TWO great married couples. Gives us all hope, doesn't it?

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Zen Wizard said...

He is very telegenic; and at least we know he is competent and he can write eloquently.

(Which we didn't know about Harriet Miers, because most of her writing was covered under attorney-client privilege.)

But check my Web page to see why I think the "Dissent" in Planned Parenthood v. Casey is wrong (but if I were a Senate Democrat I would still vote for him. The country could do one hell of a lot worse.)

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is a test post

9:39 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

good evening my dear!

2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ZARDOZ SAYS:

Sorry windfall you've been duped
the only thing that could help this guy out , was political theatrics
and by his wife nonetheless.

Anyways its still cute were you see
something sweet as a couple there,
when its only put on.

sorry friend that's my opinion
still like your spunk at seeing everything so positive.

--------------zardoz

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's far worse than Miers. Maybe his wife's crying was staged--the only thing that could secure his appointment.

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alito is a flip flopper. He was critical of abortion when he applied for a job during the Reagan years - now he implies that was only his opinion because of the job he was applying for. He joined a club at Princeton (and didn't check it out - if you will believe him) and now says if he knew what they stood for he wouldn't have joined it. I'm going to see if someone will nominate his wife for an Emmy. You are really sweet to care about her, though. Boy, aren't those Senators a bunch of windbag old codgers - (even the younger ones act old) - I'm an old codger and it takes one to know one. "Old" Baldy

12:20 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

The president nominates.
The senate confirms
If we don't like what either is doing
we have a vote.
A pox on the people who do not vote!
( on the other hand maybe they have no idea what is going on, if they did they Would vote!)

12:35 PM  
Blogger Lauri said...

Ha ha! Thanks, WFW! You are right, we are very luckey!

Glad you got your email fixed!

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker