Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, January 12, 2006

A cold.....


It's official. I have a cold. Sometimes I think it's nature's way of just flatout slowing you down. I've been going at breakneck speed for awhile. I'm just glad I made it through the holidays without it.

When I was a teenager, I read Glamour magazine. I loved it! One of the articles I remember the most was about getting a cold and missing work. The article was titled something like, "Got a Cold? Pamper Yourself Girl." LOL........they actually made being sick with a cold sound cool! The advice was always have some nice hot chicken soup, put on comfy socks and robe, snuggle under an afghan, watch old movies, drink hot tea and sleep! I mean WOW...how does that NOT sound good? The license to call in sick, take a day, not get dressed except in the most comfortable way, eat and drink to your heart's content and watch old movies? Now, of course, this only applies to a cold! Any other sort of illness - especially of the tummy variety is NOT desirable. Part of me smiles today thinking of all the coziness and the way your brain lulls when you have a cold. It's almost like a natural tranquilizer. I'm sure you'll think I'm nuts. But......think about some comfy sweats, no work, beverages of your choice, no work, laying in bed or on the sofa, no work, watching old movies, no work, covered in an afghan, no work, napping off and on, no work and did I mention no work? Maybe YOU have a cold too???

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Wow you read glamour magazine? It shows in every one of your pictures.

Colds are no fun and I hope you are feeling better this Thrusday morning.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

I was never into Glamour but I was/am a Cosmo girl. Get better, WFW, you've become one of my favorites. (I know, I'm conceited enough to think that matters, right? LOL)

10:47 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

tod / only because I got here late.

I gave up colds for lent a few years back, I take a leisurely pace through life, and have limited contact with sick people, except in the cyber sphere. Rhinovirus is highly over rated. Many will comment that they hope you feel better, I will just say that I hope Pat Robertson does not hear about you and issue a declaration of what it is that you did that caused God to send this wrath filled sneezing attack on you this day.
Shalom!
from Sugarloaf Mountain

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David, thank you for the compliment! Stacy, you cutie, everyone says nap when those kids are napping! Frustrated, I really am too busy too, and I've been working on my laptop all morning. Monica, THANK YOU for the compliment and adding me on your list! Of course I'm glad I'm one of your favorites! TOD, you made me laugh so hard I coughed after that crack about Pat Robertson!

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is one of those rare moments when I don't have a cold. But the way you describe it, I wish I had one.

11:44 AM  
Blogger DBFrank said...

Ah, hope ya get better!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Ooh Ooh, I want a cold, can I have a cold, please ?!

Take care of yourself now!

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snake, come close to me and I'll breathe on you. You can have my cold. Steel, thanks. Jodi, you deserve someone to come and be YOUR nurse. I am still sneezing, sniffling, redosed on Extra Strength Tylenol. I am contemplating a nap......hmmmm..I'm having an ICE COLD COKE right now.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I hope you get better soon, so you can get back to WORK. I used to read Seventeen magazine. I collected stacks of them. Actually any fashion magazine was great.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

Here's a good trick, and I don't know WHY it works but it does--

Rub a whole bunch of Ben Gay on your feet, and then put on two pairs of clean socks.

Again, I don't know why it works, the biggest hillbilly in the world taught me that trick...

(Ben Gay is SO EXPENSIVE! I wish they had Ben Experimented-At-Boy-Scout-Camp, for cheaper!!)

7:45 PM  
Blogger phoenix said...

I hope you feel better real soon WW! *passes you some home made soup and a box of tissue!*

8:58 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Hope you feel better soon!

11:11 PM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

I am just getting over a cold myself. they are certainly no fun. Mine lasted around 17 days - here's hoping yours is much, much shorter lived.

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been healthy for so long that I've actually almost been wishing for a cold (nothing too severe -- hope I didn't just jinx myself) so I'd have a good excuse to take a sick day. ESPECIALLY a sick day like the one you describe. Just as long as there is no nasty stomach bug accompanying it.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker