Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Here's a smile.....

Here's a smile per a few requests. I am catching a cold I think. I am a bit sneezy and my throat is tickling. I am drinking lots of fluids. I am determined NOT to get sick.

I slept better last night. I feel more like myself today even with the sniffles.

Did anyone see Good Morning the other day when Robin Roberts sat in for Charlie Gibson? They opened the show with Diane Sawyer saying, "Good Morning America, I'm Diane Sawyer." then they switched to Robin and she said, "and I'm Charlie Gibson." Everyone in the studio laughed as did she. It was a cute moment.

Why do I watch Diane and Charlie? I strongly dislike Katie Couric. I used to think she was great. She has gotten so obnoxious. She's rude; she interrupts. I'll never forget her interviewing an athlete at the Olympics in Greece who had won a medal. Katie shows the athlete her father cheering the woman athlete on and crying as she won. The athlete began to weep as she watched her father's emotion on the playback. Katie said, "Oh c'mon, you've seen this before. Get over it already." Then she LAUGHED. I was so DONE with her after that. I see that hardness in her all the time -- and she asks the most aggressive questions of anyone. Too probing.

When I was growing up, I was on the newspaper staff. I wrote on my college staff as well. I remember saying to my dad in high school that I was thinking of being a reporter. He was not crazy about the idea. I'm frankly glad I'm not. I wouldn't mind be a writer -- but not a reporter. I couldn't ask those stupid questions. I wouldn't be able to keep my emotions out of stories. And I sure as heck would never want to get so hard that I would tell someone to "get over it already" ........not in that situation anyway.

Hope you have a great day! Smiling does help!

14 Comments:

Blogger DBFrank said...

A smile lights the face like the sun on a cloudy day.

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ZARDOZ SAYS :

Nice observation on the interview

good memory too.

BUT
what is important,
is that you windfall make me , us,
.. a lot ,

SO IMAGINE, WERE SMILING RIGHT BACK
THANKS .
--------------ZARDOZ

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S.
Forgot "SMILE" between us and ..alot

sorry ZZZ

8:51 AM  
Blogger Kitty said...

I DVR'd Medium from Monday and L&O:SVU from last night - I'm going to catch up with both of those today. And, catch up with some of MY 'mountain-of-laundry' too.

Keep drinking those liquids and try some Airborne (its herbs and vitamins in a fizzy tablet you drink) - it will fight off the beginnings of a cold as well. Take care of yourself!

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree with you more. There is a huge difference in quality between GMA and Today. Couric/Lauer are not reporters. They came up through the anchor world. Sawyer/Gibson are reporters (and Roberts is delightful). GMA leans towards being a news show and Today is much closer to "infotainment". JMHO.

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have watched Katie and Matt for years. Always liked their light style in the morning, but now I will have to check out the competition!!

PS: I had never heard that story about Katie.. apparently I missed that broadcast. Not very nice to belittle someone's emotions like that.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Kitty said...

BTW - on the Katie issue - I just read an interview that Katie did with Lacie Peterson's mother. She was very rude, and often interrupted her, while she was interviewing her, too. Also, she would ask questions and then interrupt and stray off the subject in the middle of Lacie's mom's answers. Very unprofessional, imo.

I'm not a Katie/Lauer fan, either. I don't watch their morning show at all. I will 'sometimes' tune in to Sawyer/Gibson, or to FoxNews. But, honestly, all news is bad news, and most days, I'd rather not be dragged down with listening to it all.

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you slept better. I've experienced some difficulties on that front. At least my sleep deficit is doing well.

11:18 AM  
Blogger superflywebpimp said...

a smiling dog,
a sleeping log,
neither of which have i,
a lifeless lump,
my chair i slump
in dreams of catcher in the rye


sincerely,
superflywebpimp, genius author of
the paragraph novels

11:30 AM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

It's interesting, because what you are talking about is "TV-Q"; which the network bigshots research HEAVILY. It's basically a "comfort factor" with the celebrity/TV personality.

The theory is that in TV, we are letting people INTO OUR HOMES, so we have to "like" them.

Tom Sizemore and Christopher Walken, for instance, are MOVIE stars--but would have a really hard time as TV STARS (we are too uncomfortable with them).

12:57 PM  
Blogger Lauri said...

Glad you're better!

I just can't stand to look at Katie. I don't know why, I just don't like her either.

1:48 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

I have watched Good Morning America since it came on the air, and I love Charlie and Diane. I have not liked Katie from the beginning (she reminds me of a family member I don't care for)due to everything you said). She is way too full of herself!

7:46 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

"get over it already" is one of my least favorite phrases esp when spoken by someone I used to care for intensely. get over it - a dismissal of not just my feelings but my self as well, it makes me sad to think of it.

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couric may ask "too probing" questions of celebrities, but when it came time to do a real interview with Bush, she lobbed him softballs and did no follow ups. She practically gushed over him. Compare this to when Matt Lauer interviewed him: He really pressed him for answers and did not fold immediately. Cronkite to Rather to ....Couric?! No wonder traditional media is collapsing. They send a girl to do a womans/mans job.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker