Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, January 02, 2006

Monday.......last day of vacation















Sigh.....it's overcast and rainy today. Work tommorrow.....another sigh.....Yet, I think, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a great year this year at work. At least it will be a short week. Tuesday through Friday.

I am STILL doing laundry catching up from all the visitors. I am STILL ironing napkins and placemats. I was hoping to have my closet cleaned out and organized, all my paperwork cleaned out and up, alas, I won't have that accomplished.

BUT.....I have spent some lovely time with two sets of family, just about all of my friends, sent Christmas cards, didn't miss a soul for presents, paid my bills, managed to wear clean clothes every day, cooked a great Christmas dinner, deposited all assorted checks, emptied all my change at Kroger's Coinstar converted to cash (which was promptly stolen by the movie thief), saw King Kong, helped at eight ballet performances, attended four performances, read three books, watched the entire first season of the Gilmore Girls (my new passion), etc.

It was a productive, and yes, happy vacation. I hope yours was great as well.....It's going to be a great New Year for all of us. I just know it.

11 Comments:

Blogger Kitty said...

I am holding out hope that you're right about 2006 . . . 2005 wasn't the best - but I have high hopes for the new year as well.

I hope you have an uneventful first day back at work tomorrow ...

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have such a great outlook on life. I would love to spend next New Years Eve with someone just like you. :) Have a great year WFW. I will be keeping my eye on you ( in this blog, of course ). Bye for now.

5:23 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

hi - thanks for the well wishes I agree that this is a better year than last, already! I wrote someything I really like, please take a look when you can.
Nicepicture - is it one of yours?

7:18 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

I agree...The first season of Gilmore Girls was great. :o)

8:57 PM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

Sheesh, that holiday weekend went buy like Alvin and the Chipmunks on crank...

11:24 PM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

Sounds like you did everything but goof off! I am glad you enjoyed your vacation. Here's wishing you a good year in 2006.

11:31 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

My daughter and I are absolute Gilmore Girl addicts! We never miss a show and now she's collecting them on DVD. She'll watch them over and over again. LOL I swear... if they screw it up between Luke and Lorelai now... I'm DONE WITH IT! LOL

1:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zardoz says :

yep i'll vote fer them gilmore gals

as for the year 2006

QYE SERA SERA .

------------------ZARDOZ

5:25 AM  
Blogger DBFrank said...

2006 is going to ROCK!

7:35 AM  
Blogger David said...

Just be glad that you have a job to return to and enjoy the heck out of it. Glad you had a nice break.

8:36 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

where was that picture taken? eamil answer to super secret email account.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker