Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Hump Day........and Holey Moley.....44 EMAILS...



Please forgive me using my photo from the layout in Glamour UK. It's just the picture expresses my feelings today! I signed on to my AOL account, and LO and BEHOLD, there were 44 EMAILS! I have received all 44 missing! Why does that make me happy? I guess because I badgered AOL's Postmaster.

Speaking of postmaster, I am taking a trip to Spain in March. I had to go get a passport. Now, I hate to whale on the Post Office.....but someone dear to me worked at the PO. They did NOT treat him well. So, I have NO allegiance to the PO at all. The line was OUT the darned door, and it was pouring rain. They had two "tellers" working. Suddenly two more appeared from the back. I whispered to my friend that they must have all returned from break.

Here are the things I am happy about today:

(1) I made a decision to buy a Dirt Devil Electric Broom since I love my other Dirt Devil thingie so much.

(2) I found my missing ballet tickets last night.

(3) It's sunny here today.

(4) I sold alot of international stuff yesterday!

(5) I had a great lunch with my customer yesterday AND had lobster bisque and a steak salad AND am charging it to the company.

(6) It's Wednesday so it's HUMP day.

(7) Wednesday means that Sylvia Browne is on Montel Williams. I think she's interesting.

(8) My Balto is alive another day and happy outside with his "friends" and his sister Maggie.

(9) I am reasonably caught up with laundry.

(10) My car is full of gas.

(11) My cold is getting better.

(12) My boss leaves to go out of town for the rest of the week today.

(13) I think I'm going for a mint green comforter/duvet.......I just have to find it.

(14) I finally bought at new Dirt Devil dustbuster today after my Black and Decker one frustrated me for the last time!

(15) I slipped by my new Super Target this morning, and the workers are NICE and the store is beautiful.

(16) I went to Walmart (in search of the D Devil broom) and construction is almost finished. I still don't like it as much as Target.

(17) The new restaurant that opened on my morning trip is a cafe'/bakery, and it looks cool!

(18) I had a crossanwich and hot cocoa at Dunkin' Donuts this morning.

(19) I'm feeling better (yes, it's a repeat)

(20) Did I mention my mother called and apologized?

It's a great day if I choose to make it one. I'm choosing to make it one. (I have to say....I went by Walmart, Super Target, The Home Depot, Ace Hardware -- all with no Dirt Devil electric broom!) FOUR places. This thing has GOT to be good!

10 Comments:

Blogger Kitty said...

CONGRATS! on your wonderful mood - despite being unable to find your D/D broom so far. Enjoy the sunshine and the little *joys* that life is bringing your way today, continue to feel better, and continue the search for the D/D. The upcoming trip sounds exciting as well. You're experiencing a glorious day - take in all of its bounty . . .

11:03 AM  
Blogger Lauri said...

I have a Dirt Devil bagless vacuum cleaner. It works so well that I'm physically sore after using it. It's a work out, and has such good suction that it is hard to drag along. But I love it, and it really makes me sick how much animal hair is lying around on my floors. Ugh.

Wal-Mart sucks.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Lauri said...

PS - This morning as I was brushing my teeth I realized that I was singing, in my head, "Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho...", then I realized I'd been doing it the past couple of days...and it's because of your title from your last post! Things "stick" easily with me.

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good start though I hope you don't have too much spam in those 44 emails.

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention yesterday after all that chicken catching that at the "end of the day" (I don't like that expression) my little wifie said I was "grumpy" but the fact is I was hungry and "sleepy" and you might even say a little "dopey" although I am kinda dopey all the time (but do you expect from someone who talks to chickens all the time! Keep smiling ww because when you smile all your readers do too. Old Baldy

3:46 PM  
Blogger Kiachu Shen Ku said...

Hi WFW! Your happiness, is our happiness!
Kiachu Shen Ku

4:42 PM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

Sounds like things are going great but--

Post your passport photo, and if it looks good, we'll know for sure!!

The last one I got looked like The Joker on a bad hair day, but if you got a good one, more power to ya!!

7:01 PM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

I wish I felt that way about today. I'm having one of those fake it to make it days.

1:11 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Nope it wasn't AOL. It was Blogger. I too recieved all my missing email/comments at once. It was craziness!
Glad you got them.

2:00 AM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

I'm glad your Mom's call made your day brighter!

2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker