Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, January 20, 2006

A few afterthoughts

A few afterthoughts here on recent posts:

(1) I don't know what possessed her, but my mom did call me to apologize about what she said. "Forgiveness is mine," said the Lord, so I am leaving that job to him. I'm still guarding my heart, but I am carefully talking to her.

(2) Hale McKay and Anonymous were right about Antonio Davis' wife whose name is Kendra. Reports are surfacing that she doesn't comport herself in - let's just say - the most ladylike manner. Antonio has been suspended for five games. To me, it still doesn't change things about HIM. He looked up in the stands and saw what he believed to be his wife being threatened. When I talked my friend Barney about this, he said, "the NBA is a bunch of thugs." LOL...

(3) I finally went to the dr yesterday, because I still feel like crap. I'm typically the Energizer Bunny, but my batteries start running down around 3pm - 4pm. He said "there's a whole lot of this going around. I've had a sore throat for TWO weeks."

(3) The other entry for today - I find it quite interesting. Life Path.....my birthday is on the 11th. Double numbers are prevalent all through my family - birthdays, deaths, it's almost spooky. By the way, if you've never visited SteelCowboy's site, you should. (I found many of you visiting there.) His work is in the technology field, he's a biker and has one of the most beautiful souls I've ever witnessed. Many times his posts have just taken my breath away.....

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Grey Biker said...

Seems things are looking up for you. Glad you went to the Dr. Maybe now you can whoop that sore throat. Those things make you feel so miserable.

7:39 AM  
Blogger David said...

The NBA is facing a major crisis - it now falls behind the NFL, MLB, college football and basketball, car racing and hockey as peoples favorite sports.

It is a league of thugs, prima donnas that is quickly losing its appeal. The suspension is justified, she may have started the whole thing, but I do respect his protecting his wife.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Kitty said...

It is best to be a bit guarded with your Mom as it seems she has a tendency to "swing-wide" in her moods.

I know what you mean about being sick - I've had some sort of cold/sinus thing for over eight weeks now, after two rounds of antibiotics, I'm still sick. My immune system has dropped to nothing and, now, I have a viral infection on top of the bacterial infection I had before. I can't seem to shake it! So BE CAREFUL with this thing you have.

And, I know EXACTLY what you mean about Steel Cowboy. He is a dear man, and writes straight to your heart and touches your soul with his words.

Take Care of Yourself -- and get PLENTY of REST this weekend!

10:12 AM  
Blogger DBFrank said...

You do me great honor young lady; thank you.

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jus watch yoursef with your mean ole momma. She sounds like a person who loves to torment others and then has moments of remorse followed by the same old crap. One of your commenters said "wide mood swings" or something to that effect. My younger brother's sister is like that. If you can't cage 'em then look at 'em from a distance. Hope you feel better. Got a shipment of feed coming in shortly. Old Baldy

1:15 PM  
Blogger Ruvym said...

Maybe you have mono.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Sophmom said...

WW, I'm "carefully talking" to my mother too. It's a fine line to walk all the time. I don't believe that allowing her to be abusive towards me honors her in any way, yet I want to be available to her during the last years of her life, without regard as to whether or not she's ever been available to me. I get up every day and pray for guidance and the fullness of the spirit. I know no other way but to just try.

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker