Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Tuesday, February 7th - Windfall Moments



OK.......so I'm sure you're wondering what Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon are doing here. It all started late yesterday. I began feeling a strange feeling for me. Tentacles of depression began creeping over me. "This can't be happening to me!" I thought. Maybe I'm let down from the excitement of the weekend? And this is me -- I don't get depressed. Still, the cloud approached. I could those tentacles of hopeless reaching out for me -- scary, frightening. I thought of cancelling my business appointments for today. I was really scared then. I've never done that before. Somehow I wrestled myself in the shower, got dressed and drove to my appointment. I also called my friend Barney. He was genuinely concerned - something I needed. He insisted on taking me out to dinner tonight. After my customer meetings, I had a very depressing voicemail from my boss. I had been able to buoy my spirits during my meetings but crashed again after the voicemail. I had a hair appointment. My hairdresser has known me a long time. I told her how I was feeling, and she said she had just emerged from the same thing after suffering for two days. It made me feel better knowing that she had survived. My favorite shampoo lady brought me my favorite drink in the world -- an ice cold coca cola. Then she gave me the most fantastic shampoo complete with an incredible head and neck massage. I told my hairdresser I wanted something new. One thing I like about her is that she loves my hair long. So, I had seen this picture of Reese's hair style above. She cut it like this and I have to say -- it looks pretty darned good and sexy to boot! My hairdresser said I ought to go out. So I let Barney take me out. We had a great time. I feel better. The cloud is almost gone. So my hairdresser - Diedre - and my friend Barney - they are the windfall moment givers today. P.S. Joaquin is looking darned good here, isn't he?

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Cornbread said...

Hey Windfall, Glad ya got over the "hump". We all get to feelin' that way sometimes. It shure is good to have friends to lean on. Thats what they are there for. Here's a BIG ol' cornbread hug your way. Maby a touch on the cheek and I must tell ya, Everything is gonna be O.K.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Glad you're feeling better. Cute cut!
I wish my hair was straight, could be but it would be high maintainence.

Joaquin is a hottie ( I had a huge crush on his bro growing up, may he RIP)

12:19 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

sounds like a lovely recovery.
to have good friends in times like tose is to ahve riches beyond measure.

3:24 AM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

I bet you look REALLY good with the new "do"! I'm overdue for a haircut myself, might help me to get rid of some wintery blues and feel better on the outside.
p.s. Joaquin looks MIGHTY nice!
:-)

4:48 AM  
Blogger The Neurotic Worrywart said...

Wow, nice haircut! Now if only I had enough hair to go for something like that. Lol. Been toying with the idea of doing something different with my hair but I keep chicken-ing out of it. Bad, bad experience with short hair.

Glad to see that you're feeling better.

Seeing that pic makes me wanna watch Walk THe Line. And it only opens here this week. Sheesh

5:15 AM  
Blogger phoenix said...

Glad you are feeling a bit better. Having your hair done is always the way to go. The massage alone is worth it LOL!

Its funny, I just saw a movie that Joaquin's brother was in this past week.

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you're talking about, when gloom approaches. You did all the right things: push through it (go about your work), and take care of yourself. A little pampering and a friendly dinner out can go a long, long way. Glad you're feeling better.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

Yeah, he's pretty hot.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Grey Biker said...

Bet the hair looks sexy. Get outta that funk and have some fun girl.

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you found a way out of your funk.

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zardoz says :

joaquin yeah he looks fine,

but you look

better than ever .

certainly put you on my

"WANT BE MY VALENTINE" card list.

smooches an hugs ,

GO GET EM GIRL....


=== ZARDOZ ===

4:59 AM  
Blogger Ruvym said...

I'm gonna shave my head one of these days. Then again, my mom says she'll disown me if I do. Decisions, decisions...

2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker