Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Headaches and Birthdays

I've had one of my headaches today. I call it "a working migraine." Which of course means that I can still work (barely) and I can still function (barely). I woke up with it. I am fairly nauseated as well and extremely thirsty so I've been drinking water and stuff. My company still got more than nine hours out of me. To top it off, I had errands I had to run IN THE RAIN. Which makes traffic SUCK. Tonight one of my best girlfriends dragged me out to IHOP (International House of Pancakes). I felt so sick I was regretting being there. She remarked, "Oh, it's our waitress' birthday today." I was like how do you know that? And she said, "How could you miss that button with the ribbons and curliques off of it?" Well, I didn't see how either after I saw her again. Turns out she was "closing" tonight. Oh God, how I remembered THAT! (I was a waitress in high school. Closing sucks.) Anyhow, we wished her a Happy Birthday and I thought....this.....is.....a......perfect......windfall.......moment. So, I checked my bag. My artistic friend drew a little card, and I put down $40. I was hoping to get away before she saw it. Unfortunately, I misfired on the unlock key and I could see her in the restaurant. You should have seen her FACE. She took off RUNNING right out of the IHOP waving her arms at us. She was screaming THANK YOU THANK YOU and smiling. Now, that's the best headache medicine in the world.

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger 4evergapeach said...

Good deeds are always good for the soul, but glad it helped your headache too!

Hope your feeling better and have a better day tomorrow! It's Friday!

10:37 PM  
Blogger Cornbread said...

What goes around comes around. I understand wanting to be stealthy and do a good deed without a reward for it. Sometimes I think it's meant to be to get "caught". Good on ya windfall! Keep it up and keep being wise about your giving. By the way thanks for the hug. Needed that. Right back at ya!
"Big ol' cornbread hugs"

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like "windfall moments" & would like to read about more of them. I don't know how many such moments you have but a windfall moment of the day would make for a pretty neat blog. This I believe.

11:59 PM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

I agree with Snake. The "windfall moments" that you share with us makes me feel happier. Despite your migraine and fatigue, you thought of others. You're really too sweet for blog comments! *Flubberwinkle hugs*

2:20 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Awesome, WW

She WILL always remember that.

The Good Karma is rising. (which reminds me, I recorded My Name is Earl...I'm off to watch it).

2:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zardoz says:

KEEP ON WINDFALLING


==ZARDOZ

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zardoz says:

KEEP ON WINDFALLING


==ZARDOZ

7:49 AM  
Blogger Lauri said...

I agree with Snake - I love to read about the windfall moments. He's got a great idea.

So glad you were able to do that for her! Sorry about the migraine.

8:59 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

Yes, I too hope it helped your headache. How nice of you to leave that for her.

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you all for the positive feedback. Snake, I love your idea about "a windfall moment of the day." Actually, I DO have one every day. I'm usually just shy about mentioning them. I was always taught to "do a good deed, but if you tell it doesn't count." 4ever, I am headache free today thank you! (((Cornbread))) I've now hugged a harley guy today. ((Flubberwinkle)) WFW hugs back at you. Jodi, I LOVE "My Name is Earl!" Zardoz, I will keep it up as long as you promise to keep "zardozing."

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet story, WW. Thanks for sharing it with us. I dunno about not telling. It seems that they way you're doing it here, you might inspire others to do such things. I'm sorry about the headache and the driving in the rain stuff. I had to do some of that yesterday too, and it sucked.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Grey Biker said...

That was a really thoughtful thing to do. Sure hope that dreaded headache leaves you alone.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Wow, you are so nice. I'd love to do something like that. I bet you made her day.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

You really ought to go to the health food store and get something with butterbur and feverfew in it.

(That's the last time I'm going to say it!)

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, I can't function with just a headache of the regular garden variety. REALLY great of you to make that person' day. I've written before that I'm not a good tipper. I always think of the price of anything in wholesale egg terms. $40 translates into about two crates of eggs at wholesale. That is one fine thing you did! I'm sure she will remember it for many years and has probably told loads of folks and some of those folks probably start thinking about something good they might do and on and on. You've got to be an awfully nice person. That is why I read this blog almost every day. Kinda gives me an uplift. UMMMM, wonder what good thing I can do here shortly??? Old Baldy

3:46 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Hey WW,
The new dissapearing post won't let us comment.
Good job on the little girl and Dora, she'll love it! Dora goes to few cities so it is a rare chance, I should know....we love Dora at my house.
It's amazing that medical science has evolved to defeat Leukemia...she's in my thoughts and prayers, but I know she'll be fine.

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker