Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Taking "Bling" to the Next Leve?????


I had to read an article entitled "Taking Bling to the Next Level?" I mean, don't YOU want YOUR bling to the next level?

Pow!....you buy a new 2007 Escalade and you've done it.

According to the powers that be, the Escalade is "continuing a long-standing tradition as the everyday vehicle of choice among the Hollywood set and wannabes everywhere, the Escalade has also been embraced in hip-hop culture since its 1997 debut as the vehicular equivalent of a massive gold neckchain and medallion."

Ummm......I don't wear medallions. They look weird on me.

And, "despite changes to improve aerodynamics, including a more steeply raked windshield, this is still a large, rectangular and imposing-looking vehicle." Hmm....I do like the idea of driving an imposing vehicle. I just had one of those, and sometimes I got a rather sadistic kick out of watching people get out of my way. Only rarely did I enjoy this.

The colors come in Ebony or two-tone Cocoa-on-Cashmere. Wow, Cocoa-on-Cashmere sounds yummy doesn't it? I mean, I almost want to EAT or WEAR this car. Forget driving it!

The engine is so high powered that it "enables tire-smoking launches and strong pulling power on the highway, yet gets better fuel economy than before." Now, I CAN be a fan of tire-smoking launches, but you can keep the strong pulling power. I mean, if you're gonna drive a bling bling vehicle like this, are you really gonna drag a U-Haul behind ya?

And get this, "ot lacking in the latest gizmos, the Escalade comes standard with such items as a power lift-gate, rain-sensing wipers with heated washers, rear-parking-assist proximity alerts and a remote-starting feature. Noteworthy options include a Dolby Digital Surround audio system, adaptive headlamps that pivot in conjunction with steering-wheel input to illuminate the road around curves, and a rearview video camera that can alert the driver to the presence of people or objects behind the vehicle." Now, my family and friends easily provide me with proximity alerts! I don't need a camera or sensors for that. I just ask 'em to get out and tell me before I hit something. Don't ya think this car will be talking to you alot?

And I'm ok with rain-sening wipers but heated washers? Heated washers? Are they kidding?

I see a movie with Steve Martin or Chris Rock starring in it. Driving the bling bling vehicle.
Maybe a remake of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?????

Have a great HUMP day!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hooray for GM maybe they have a SUV that someone will buy. Thanks for the thought about "hump day." I'm eating a very late breakfast right now and never thought I was have through the week. Chicken farming doesn't qualify for a "hump day" since we have a 7/24 job. Its the pits but I'm doing my part to grown healthy chickens and nutritious eggs. That gives me satisfaction PLUS the weekly checks I get from wholesalers and the daily $$ I get from locals replenishing their egg bins in the frig. Speaking of eggs - got to go, the little lady has b'fast ready and of course it includes none other than ----EGGS! Have a great day and thanks for your sweet and insightful comments. Old Baldy

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to trade my bicycle in today. Why have I been wasting so much time on two wheels???

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh... I beg to disagree. What took them so damn long to think of heater window washing fluid???? I had a crust of ice on my windshield this morning that wanted some of that badly. It would have gotten me to work fifteen minutes earlier!

12:44 PM  
Blogger WordsofJoi said...

In my opinion taking bling to the next level would entail environmentally economical hybrids. Sure, have the heated washer system, or other useless gadgets, but for heaven's sake when can we start looking at environmentally sound options, thus options that will benefit our future time on this planet, as in style???

2:45 PM  
Blogger Kitty said...

I just can't justify the big 'ol SUVs. Even before gas prices went sky-high, I never wanted the hassles of trying to maneuver in traffic, trying to find a place to park, etc. And, backing up - forget it! I have enough problems with my 'lil 'ol Saab 9 3 Turbo Convertible because, with convertibles, there's always a blind spot unless the top is dropped. I have quite a few nice options, and I got a great deal on my car, and I keep it in a garage so the heated windshield wash is a moot option (and not one I have currently - but a nice option otherwise).

Environmentally, I would like to see some changes made. Financially, hybrids could, potentially, put me in bankruptcy because one of our biggest businesses is a quick lube/car wash. (I should consider a wider diversification of assets)

4:15 PM  
Blogger Cornbread said...

I could see ya in one of these! Hey, Ya only live once right? What about that harley?

Here's a Big ol' Cornbread hug your way, and maby a peck on the cheek........ I can see ya blushing now. Hope don't think I'm too "fresh" ;0)

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pivoting headlamps? Now I've heard everything!

5:38 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

Oh my what is next,I do like the color combination Cocoa-on-Cashmere, now what about the music---wonder if they could ever get to the point to determine moods and all of a sudden the music for YOU comes on---you do nothing...Imagine that those days you are in THAT mood and then you slowly settle into another mood---music changes with your mood and of course it is all of your taste and by your favorite artist.....Now that will be my vehicle :)

10:44 PM  
Blogger Grey Biker said...

I never cared for them. Guess the gangsta image killed them for me. Put me in a mustang.

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well ... like the Escalade or not, they've got a big splash planned for this weekend's Super Bowl.

Here's the online version of what they'll be pushing --

http://adverlicio.us/node/618

Enjoy!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

Is there a way to get the BLING without the payment and insurance??

Oh, yeah--there's the little matter of 12 miles per gallon, but I can hang with that...

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker