Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, January 22, 2006

There she is........

















I know it's meaningless to some people, but I'm glad that the Miss America pageant didn't die. Not that I've ever been a pageant girl but.......I grew up with my beloved grandmother and mother watching pageants at their knee. We take it seriously. Get out notepads, pens, pencils. Figure out the Top Ten. Watch the talent competition. Listen to the interviews. Listen to the song......."There she is...." It's an institution......Miss America. I don't want to hear....."There she goes......she's gone." I don't know how I managed to miss the pageant but I did. I'm in mourning today. I'm glad a ballerina won! Miss Oklahoma!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It aint the same since they canned old Bob Barker or whatever his name was. I can understand the meaning to you however. Same as the North/South and Shrine East/West football games to me.

Not exactly on the same subject but I saw a big fox run across the front yard this a.m. You don't suppose he had chickens on his mind do you?

Hope you were happy with the miss A winner. How did you score it?
Old Baldy

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She sounds like a winner.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I love pageants too, I can't help myself. But I'm that way with all awards shows.....golden globes, the oscars.
Congrats Ms. OK!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

I saw bits and pieces of it on CMT--it is just so tragically "unhip" it is hard to get worked up over it!

The women invest so much time and money into it, and even if you are the one out of I guess 50 who wins, it's my understanding that you don't make $h!t.

And how many ex-Miss Americas can you NAME??

I can name TWO--Vanessa Williams and Bess Meyerson.

(And--that chick that was married to the football player--but that ain't exactly rollin' off the tongue, is it??)

5:27 PM  
Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I miss the pageant more times than I would like. I used to watch it every single year with my sister as we ate popcorn and drank koolaid.

5:55 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

you are cracking me up!

2:00 AM  
Blogger David said...

That used to be a big deal in the US. But women's rights has pretty much killed that program for many - that is a shame I think.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

I watched when I was a kiddle, like you and rated the contestants (and often predicted the winner.)

I watched this year for the first time in a few years...!

hh

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker