Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, January 23, 2006

Princess and/or Tiara Complex


Now that I've confessed my penchant for beauty pageants, I have another confession to make. I've always had a thing for crowns, tiaras and the like. At Halloween as a little girl, I always gravitated toward princess costumes or anything with a tiara or veil. One Halloween, it was snowing and I insisted on wearing my bride costume. Of course, the material is so flimsy and I was wet and frozen in no time. Of course I got sick. Did that daunt me from my princess/bride complex? No way. Well, I'm off to work singing "When you wish upon a star........." Have a royal day dear people! (P.S. For anyone who was heartbroken at missing the Miss America pageant, CMT is rerunning it often. I saw it yesterday. The talent was worth watching this year - especially Miss Oklahoma now Miss America's beautiful ballet "en pointe.")

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

THe Miss America Pageant is an American institution. Hopefully it will work it's way back onto something other than CMT. I've always thought it was a fun way for little girls to dream. I never bought into the femisit crap that it molded girls into "barbie". What's wrong with celebrating being a girl?

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I confess too - I also have a complex but it is not connected to a tiara. I would really like to have anything on my head.

Hey, the miss America pageant is great especially since the talent has improved so much but I have to confess I haven't watched any of it for 25 years or so. I go by tv sound while I am reading in another room and the wifie is watching it. In the old days I could barely stand to hear the screeching some contestants called singing.

WW, I'm sure you are a princess. As for me, I might qualify as a footman for the carriage. Old Baldy

10:49 AM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

It's the Cinderella complex. We, gals, are introduced to the fairy princess stereotype very early in our lives. Sometimes we manage to get it out of our system, sometimes it just follows us around. However, I always wanted to audition for the part of the fairy godmother.
What tiara! Give me that darn fairy wand so I can make some serious changes in my pumpkin patch!
;-)

12:11 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

there is SOMETHING to be said for there being a talent portion and an interview part of the competition, but why bathing suits? who wants to see that? Jeez!

I only wear my princess costume on special ocassions!

Thanks for cheering for me at BLOGOlympics

12:27 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

yes Flubber winkle that is a pumpkin I am holding- so be careful with that wand!

12:28 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

i just looked at the picture again. what a fabulous rear end on her, what channel was that again?

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a tiara complex coupled with a Snow White obsession... the bride thing doesn't really come into it so much, but I can understand the tiara love!

5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker