Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Girl Scouts

Hi y'all. I am trying hard not to be frustrated with blogger. I'm sorry for all the trouble y'all have been having.

Here's Saturday's and Sundays "windfall" moment. Actually, it was alot more than a moment. You know I'm a Girl Scout leader. On Saturday at 5pm, I had my seven Girl Scouts over armed with blowup mattresses, sleeping bags, pillows, stuffed animals, cell phones, etc.

I kinda went all out. I went to Target and bought this gorgeous hot pink tablecloth and paper plates (square with tropical designs) for dinner and lime green plastic table covers with yellow plates and lime and lemon designed napkins. I stopped at Fresh Market for hot pink roses for the table with the hot pink and a bowl of white roses for the lime green/yellow lemon covering.

I bought two huge trays of sandwiches from Subway -- ham and turkey and the other platter with cheese. Subway was generous enough to give me separate containers of mayo, mustard, tomatoes and lettuce. I also got chocolate covered pretzels drizzled with red stripes and topped off with an angel food cake for dessert.

First we did an exercise for their "Uniquely Me" charm, then dinner! After dinner, I had them set up their sleeping area while I cleared everything off the dining room table. They took 500 white paper bags for Project Open Hand (delivers food to the terminally ill, shut ins, AIDS patients, etc.) The girls in an hour and half decorated 350 bags!

Then they watched Bewitched until about midnight. This morning I cooked mounds of pancakes, bacon, and served strawberries on the lemon/lime table. Their parents were all prompt.

After they left, I put on a roast for cook for Super Bowl dinner. It is sooo easy. One cheap roast accompanied by a bottle of barbeque sauce and one can of coca cola. All in the crockpot - 8 hours. It is falling apart, tender.......yummy! Goes great on a hoagie roll! Smells delicious while it's cooking. ........I've cooked alot today! I'm so proud of my girls.

11 Comments:

Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

You make me wish I was a girl scout. You are too wonderful, they must love you.

8:28 PM  
Blogger ardi k said...

Great job, wfw. The world is a better place by your kind acts.

9:15 PM  
Blogger ardi k said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:15 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

you are wonderful to your girls
and your roast sounds yummy!
Peace
- drop on by sometime soon
email me for exciting news

12:48 AM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

Sounds like you and the girls did great!
p.s. thanks for the roast tip (barbecue sauce & coke, I will try it out).

2:24 AM  
Blogger Jennifer from Ohio said...

I can't wait to try the BBQ Sauce and Coke. I have always used Coke and Beef Broth, but yours sounds even yummier!!

Have a fun day!

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My older daughter is a Brownie. Sounds like she may have some good times to look forward to, if she's lucky...

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

During WWII we lived in a military residential community run by the federal government. I was a cub scout - got my bobcat and wolve badges but never made it to bear. Got both a silver and gold arrow point too. Each month our cubscout pack delivered our community newletter. Joined the boy scout troop but never made it beyond tenderfoot (I think that was what it was called) because the war got over and we had to move.

Sounds like you are doing a great job with those girls. I'll bet they really enjoyed the food and goodies.

Great that you take time to be such a good leader. Not many people do that sort of thing.

World needs more like you. I would say lots of hugs but don't want you to think I'm being forward. What the heck - I'll say it anyway - lots of hugs WFW! Old Baldy

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WW, that was mighty sweet of you. You're a better/stronger woman than I, though. That many young girls (squealin' and screechin') in one place makes my flesh crawl. Maybe if I'd had just one, I would be better around them, or maybe God gave me boys 'cause he knew I couldn't handle all that *drama* that little girls seem to need, but I'm impressed by your willingness to give of yourself. They're lucky to have you!

The roast sounds really tasty. Will try that some time.

12:22 PM  
Blogger David said...

Hope the girl scout party went well but then I know it did if you were in charge.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Grey Biker said...

Your cooking sounds very good. Got any leftovers?

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker