Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, October 20, 2005

"Medium" - I "saw" my new bed

Raising my hand......ok, I admit it. I happen to like some TV. My favorite shows is "Medium" with Patricia Arquette. Here is the description of the show that describes it really well.

"Medium" is a a chilling drama series inspired by the real-life story of research medium Allison DuBois. Patricia Arquette stars as a young wife and mother who, since childhood, has been struggling to make sense of her dreams and visions of dead people. Allison is a strong-willed young mother of three, a devoted wife and law student who begins to suspect that she can talk to dead people, see the future in her dreams and read people's thoughts. Fearing for her mental health, she turns for support to her husband Joe, an aerospace engineer. The real challenge is convincing her boss, D.A. Devalos that her psychic abilities him solve violent crimes whose mysteries reside with those who live beyond the grave."

Now that I have sufficiently "plugged" my favorite show, I was "bed blogging" on Sunday night when suddenly I looked up at the TV. Patricia and Joe (above) were laying/lying? in MY new bed that I just ordered. Oh my gosh! Does NBC shop at the same stores that I do? I was thinking how great that bed looked when suddenly it dawned on me. A horrific thought. My new bed looks like a park bench I've seen at The Home Depot. Oh no! Please say no. I can't have a new bed that matches a park bench, can I?

Anyhow, it is a good looking bed, isn't it?

Around 6:30, I drove up the street to pick my pizza. Being too lazy to pop in a CD, I opted for the radio. Nothing was on -- as usual. I ended up on a "classic" station. Big mistake. Jennifer Warnes was on singing "The Right Time of the Night." A very old song, but right in my register. So, I park....get out of the car, still SINGING "the right time of the night....." I get to the verse "for making love" and bump smack into some man coming OUT of the pizza parlor. He looked at me like I was some sort of perverted chanteuse. How could I explain, "well, you see, I was blogging about my bed being on Medium and then one thing led to another...." Somehow, I don't think it would have helped my cause.....Wonder what he told his family when he got home? Wonder what he thought?

16 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

The song was "Emotion" for me a couple of months ago. Damned thing ran around inside my head for weeks.

The guy was probably thinking "man that chick is hot" ;)

That bed looks like a Pottery Barn bed, is it?

8:56 AM  
Blogger Lauri said...

I have to admit, I see the park bench resemblence. But it's all about how you decorate around it.

I, for one, would be wasting money on a bed with those beautiful decorations on the headboard - because I'm a pillow stacker. Tons of pillows up there - decorative and what-not.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't have a park bench bed. I just can't. See what happens when I spend money? LOL...it's a disaster.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Lauri said...

It's not a disaster. Put it in the room, if you like it, keep it. If it looks like a park bench, put it on the front porch.

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mother already had a fit when she saw it. Thinks I will move around in the bed somehow and get my head caught in it and strangle myself. Park bench resemblance + self strangulation = back to the bed drawing board.

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've got bigger problems than a park bench resemblance; you've got too many people in that bed including TV (and former movie) stars.

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Park bench resemblance + self strangulation + too many people in the bed = new decorator

10:21 AM  
Blogger Ruvym said...

I've grown frustrated with the latest selection of beds because they fail to provide any adequate space for the attachment of handcuffs. Shame.

12:03 PM  
Blogger thewriterslife said...

Wow, I'm going to check out that show for sure!

12:23 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

It's a very good looking bed, and I am sure it doesn't really look like the park bench, or at least it is much better quality.

10:59 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

that is a cool show - ive seen it twice I think - and yes its a lovely park bench ( sorry - you put the idea in my head)

12:24 AM  
Blogger The Neurotic Worrywart said...

Lol, I think it's a nice bed! I would trade you my bed if I could =P

6:54 AM  
Blogger DBFrank said...

Cute.. he probably thought you were getting your pizza to go, for sure!

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ruvym, you are a hoot! Handcuffs indeed! LOL....Dorothy, I think you'll like the show if you like the description. Kenju, thanks for the reassurance on the bed. Phoe, I don't have the bed yet...and may not. Steel, yep, it was a "to go" parlor so he KNEW that.....LOL......this is the THIRD time I've been caught singing in public.

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

O.K. so all this talk about the bed....Weird... But it turns out my wife has been looking for this very bed for a while now. She said she saw it in Pottery Barn long ago, but hasn't seen it since. So where did you find it???

Bedless in Connecticut

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for that exact bed. Where did you find it?

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker