Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Me at work.....Have I revealed.......???


I have received lots of questions about my work. No, I have not told the people I work with about the windfall. Believe it or not, I happen to like my job. I was angry earlier this week (why I missed a day of blogging) because I found out that while I will be moving to a new position.....I will be doing two jobs.....and I will get the title and the pay of the lesser title. That makes me angry. Why do I stay? As I said, while I am an OLDER BM look-a-like, nonetheless, I am still young. I don't know that I'm ready to "retire" so to speak. Haven't you heard about all those people who die when they retire? I don't want THAT!

Besides, I am still working on my life's blueprint after my career. Why not continue to work -- especially if I enjoy it -- while I work out the details? Plus, work is a helluva lot more fun when you don't HAVE to have the job. I still have a few rather Machiavellian moves to complete before I "come out." LOL......it IS going to be fun. Some time I'll have to tell the story of how I "fell" into my career. Buckle your seatbelts......it does involve a party and alcohol......Cheerio!

9 Comments:

Blogger ipodmomma said...

oh, I meant to tell you I like the photo... it's nice when you have an idea, if not the real thing, of who is writing...

very nice!

mollie

6:34 PM  
Blogger DBFrank said...

I might continue to work, myself..
Nah.
Maybe.
I'll probably never have to worry about it :)

8:50 PM  
Blogger Julie Marsh said...

Brittany Murphy in her current state vs. Brittany Murphy back in her "Clueless" days, correct?

Just clarifying. I couldn't believe that was BM in "Clueless" either.

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can say that several of my friends who have not worked (appreciably) for years have not died but they get out of touch and go a little crazy. So I recommend working--especially if you can afford to do it in small doses.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Kiachu Shen Ku said...

I'm sure I'll be working on my self.
Every day is "Training Day!"
Peace,
Kiachu

11:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know I'm young and probably have no clue what I'm talking about, but I can't imagine not working. I think I would go insane. If I don't keep busy I literally drive myself crazy, so I guess I kind of know what you're talking about.

11:57 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

You know how to tease, don't you?!
I think I would still work even if I did come into money. I need an outlet for creativity!

1:16 AM  
Blogger The Neurotic Worrywart said...

Just out of curiosity, what do you work as? Well, I have never worked before (unless you consider an internship as having worked before) so I am envious of people who are out there working. Argh, how nice working can seem when you're still schooling and vice versa lol.

1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the compliment on my photo! And yes, Brittany Murphy in her current state! I'm glad you all agree about the working....I do need an outlet for my intensity. I'm in technology sales which is a fast paced environment. My customer is a multimillion dollar account so I have a great time exploring new applications for them.

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker