Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, October 03, 2005

First, I want to thank you all for your comments on my last post. What terrific ideas you presented for my proposed trip! I'm going to begin researching soon.

Today something happened that jolted me. I awoke very chipper and eager to attend a seminar we were hosting for our customers. Suddenly, I was gripped with an awful ill feeling. I felt as though I might faint or be sick. I stopped for a minute and continued on "doing" my hair thinking it was a passing feeling. It was not. I stumbled to the bed, and fell across it. I felt sick and sleepy. After slipping a fresh gown on, I slid back under the sheets and slept for several hours. I awoke parched, drank water and immediately fell back to sleep. I always feel so vulnerable when I'm sick. I don't like that feeling. Not at all. Helpless. Dependent. Especially when you are grownup.

These scary feelings inevitably led me to thank God that illness was not my daily lot. How must people feel when they are sick and helpless every day of their lives? I thought -- the "fall" can't help me now. If I WANTED to, I couldn't buy my health today. How many people today in the world wake up every day of their lives in this state? I wonder if it was a sign that I need to add a health organization to my list of specified charities. As I've said before, I know that I will continue to donate to Victory Junction Gang Camp. Maybe this illness was a sign that I need to add another philanthopy focusing on illness/disease to my list. But which one?

4 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

I suspect the charity you need to add will become clear later, if not now. It is nice of you to be so grateful for your health after a day of sickness. Most of us make all sorts of promises to a higher power if we can only get well, but as soon as health returns, we are up to our old tricks and don't remember the promises we made. I too am blessed with reasonably good health and I try to remain grateful on a daily basis.

10:44 PM  
Blogger ipodmomma said...

isn't it funny, how a little touch of illness reminds us who are reasonably healthy how fortunate we are? I hope you are feeling better!

mollie

1:55 AM  
Blogger Lauri said...

Something is going around...this happened to me this weekend, and to my cousin last night. Like a 24 hour bug. I hope you are feelig better.

And every post you make makes me understand how overwhelmed you must feel about what cause to support. Such a burden...but your head always seems to be in the right place.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are very inspiring. I admire how much you think of others before yourself.

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker