Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, September 26, 2005

Many of you probably wonder what did I buy first after the windfall. Amazingly enough, I sat down and took the extraordinary pleasure of paying off every single bill. Over the years, I had amassed assorted Visas and Mastercards (3), a Delta Skymiles Amex, a regular American Express, Nordstrom’s, Bloomingdale’s, Macy’s, a home equity loan, a car loan, etc. I cannot imagine what my mailbox will be like with virtually no bills any longer except the recurring utilities’ ones. Nor can I imagine what it will feel like not to have to lay awake worrying about that crushing debt.

I live in a modest house that I began working on several years ago. Most people would immediately move elsewhere but I have not made that choice yet. The yard is awful. First, I am going to resod it beautifully front AND back and have an unsightly basketball goal taken down. Our deck has been about to fall off the house so I am getting a new deck that does not have to be painted installed. The house needs repainting immediately, and I have contracted for that all ready. My outdoor lighting on the house is in disrepair so I have an electrician coming to fix that. I am finally getting the laundry sink installed I have always wanted along with a new washer line installed. Also, the garage is just awful so I am paying this company to come in and repaint it, arrange it and paint the floors. It’s not really that bad. Boy, it is going to feel good to see the outside looking so fantastic.

5 Comments:

Blogger piu piu said...

how nice. maybe u could donate to charity while your hand is in your pocket?

2:16 AM  
Blogger Dean said...

naturally I am partial to peace and justice causes. There are so many.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Babs said...

i like your plans. congratulations.

1:17 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

interesting that some assume that you did not already do some charity work, even before the fall, or that you are going to keep all this to yourself. No lack of advice givers, is ther?

11:56 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

so HOW is all the house repair stuff going - and did you get a bedroom suite?

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker