Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, September 29, 2005

I love Thursdays. The weekend is visible. Since "the fall," I love all days, but my love for Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays are a hangover from my work days. Of course, since I still have my job I guess I should get some slack, shouldn't I?

It has been fun reading your posts and emails about what you would do if you got a windfall too. One of you said you would fly your grandmother to Philadelphia and have her stay in a fancy hotel. I liked that. I miss my grandmothers.

I read the other day about a recent Iowa lottery winner who just had become a citizen. His name is Moses Bittok. He won the lottery the next day! He opted to take the payout in increments as opposed to a lump sum. I've never seen anyone do that before. Maybe he's smart. Read more about his story here http://www.ialottery.com/PressRoom/W09-26-05.html.

My house is really a mess. Can you believe I don't even have a bedroom suite? I can’t either. I do have a TV, a VCR and DVD in my room but no REAL furniture. I also have pepto bismal pink moiré wallpaper that’s truly ugly. My dressing area and adjoining bathroom have floral pink wallpaper that is really ugly too. So I finally hired a decorator today. She does not know about my situation. I told her to decorate on a shoestring budget. She'll probably recommend stuff from Pottery Barn. That's fine with me. I like Pottery Barn. I don't have to have Henredon everywhere. I don't believe I am not being mean by not telling her, but I want to protect “the fall.” I mean, it came so fast, I worry that it will go away. That’s what keeps me awake at night now. Worrying “the fall” will disappear. Now that I have it, I want to keep it.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you win the lottery? Was it the lotto or a scratch off ticket? Had you been playing religiously, buying lots, or was it a random thing? I've dreamed about winning the lottery. So many of my problems have to do with money. Just to be able to stay at home with my 4 year old daughter would be my dream come true, and not have to go to a job I hate every day. Congratulations to you! If you have any tips for what you did that could help people like me in other states, please share! :-)

4:27 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

I think you're wise, and I'll be following your blog. Thanks for stopping by mine!

7:24 PM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

I congratulate you on your good fortune and I think you're handling the situation wisely (I think I'd go about it the same way).

I -too- would like to see the abrasive, self-focused co-worker's face when she finds out about it! :)

Thank you for discovering my blog cause it gives me great joy to discover yours!

I'll be checking in often!

Athena from Athens (aka Flubberwinkle)

7:19 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Congratulations, you appear to be a level headed winner. I know of a few people who have won substatial amounts of monies only to squander it on insane items.
Shall be following musings with interest, again congrats :)

8:03 AM  
Blogger DBFrank said...

Hmmm.. well, I didn't win a huge amount of $, but I did win enough to buy my HD last year, and to pay off my credit cards. That's all I wanted; I have my kids, we're all healthy and I've got 3 squares a day and a roof over my head.
God is good. :)
Happy for you!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Julie Marsh said...

I am really enjoying your posts, and I will return for more. Rest assured that I have no suggestions as to what you should do with the windfall, nor any inquiries as to how it came about.

Hey, I love Pottery Barn too. And even with a windfall, I couldn't justify Henredon in every room - not with little kids. But that would be so much fun - to decorate the way I'd really like to.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Yankee, Transferred said...

I love this blog and would LOVE to have a windfall, myself! Meantime, I'll live vicariously. What fun! Stop by my blog sometime. I love new visitors!

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker