Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, October 07, 2005

Harriet Miers - Windfall or Downfall Woman?


Lately I've been thinking of other people I would place in the windfall category. Have they been successful or unsuccessful and why? Because of her recent nomination to the Supreme Court, Harriet Miers came to mind as someone people might consider in the "windfall category." My goodness, though, what criticism she has faced since her nomination! A relentless examination of her background, her frailities........not that I'm saying I "get" why he nominated her. I really don't. How can someone be appointed to the highest court in the land and not have any experience being a judge? While I applaud his choice of a woman, I can't say I approve of her. How many thousands of female judges with impeccable credentials AND character must there be? I would bet thousands......

As we turn to Ms. Miers, how must she be feeling being the object of late night jokes? It is one thing to be ridiculed or questioned for your views on different issues or your liberalism or conservatism, but it is quite another to be deemed as "unqualified" or "unworthy." Personally, I would HATE that. I guess if you really want something.......a job, a place in history....you're willing to put yourself under a microscope for the world to see. I'm not sure I would ever think anything is worth it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL.....Anonymous, gee thanks. I'm not advertising though. Thanks for the good wishes. (I do know this is SPAM dear readers) LOL...I'm not expert on blogging.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Lauri said...

No, not worth it.

I'm not sure why he chose her.

I don't think she'll make it through the ringer. And that's unfortunate, only because she will have a lot to endure through the process...

12:03 PM  
Blogger Julie Marsh said...

Exactly why I would never want to be famous. Not worth living life under a microscope.

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker