Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Eva Longoria................OR????????


HAHAHAHA.....I made you look! I used to love that game when I was a little girl. No, I am not writing about Eva Longoria. (By the way, I do think she is fabulous on Desperate Housewives, and I do think she's gorgeous.)

Now that my little joke is over, what I really want to write about is inspiration. Now, you may all laugh out there but I actually get my best ideas in the shower washing my hair. It's crazy I know. Is there something about stimulating the hair follicles that kicks my brain into gear? I don't know. I've always had a preoccupation with being clean, and I don't mean that in a Howard Hughes sort of way. (Although, according to my mother, one of my female ancestors used to wash her hands until they were raw. Sounds like she DID suffer from OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder). Anyhow, being a Liberal Arts major, water is representative of many themes.....rebirth, cleansing, baptism.......you get the idea. I think I feel as though every shower renders my body and spirit refreshed, rejuvenated and cleansed. That rebirth has happened with the windfall. My life has changed so completely. I know I am the same person inside yet I feel oddly cleansed and reborn. Here's wishing YOU a refreshed spirit today and every day!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Belle said...

I promise I'm Southern and my mother is as sweet and crazy as I've portrayed her.

What can I say? The South is full of characters.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Ruvym said...

I just started reading this and I went back to some of your earlier posts but can't seem to figure out what you mean by "the windfall." It seems like a large sum of money but I'm curious, if you're willing to share - did you win it, inherit it, or litigate for it?

Otherwise, in reference to your hair washing post, I have to agree. Only this year I discovered the joys of a deep scalp massage when shampooing. I definitely think it's the "follicle stimulation" that gets you thinking about things.

4:20 PM  
Blogger DBFrank said...

Why, thank you for the good wishes! :)
Would it be allowed to blogroll you dear lady? I would be honored.

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Steel, you are my first! I would be honored! Thank you!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Ari said...

Ah, to be clean...

There's little better than getting home from working out and taking a nice, loooong shower. Just letting the water beat at your neck, washing away the beads of sweat that were stuck to you...

Ah, I think I want another one now! haha!

8:39 PM  
Blogger phoenix said...

I would like to be the second to add you to my "roll". I like your way of thinking. I read all your posts.

I feel the same way about a shower but most of my ideas come when I am about to fall asleep. Especially my poetry.

Congrats and welcome to blogging!!

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phoenix, thank you so very much. Again, I would be delighted to be a part of your blog. I appreciate you reading!

9:42 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

I read you everyday, too, and if I knoew how to make a blogroll, you'd be on it.

11:48 PM  
Blogger The Neurotic Worrywart said...

Haha, I think it's the effect showering has on all of us. I love taking showers, esp hot ones, because at the end of it, you come out feeling oh-so-refreshed. That feeling is just wonderful lol. I hope you won't mind if I linked you, I just have to get off my butt and write the html script lol. Sloth.. one of the 7 deadly sins..alas.. =P

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker