Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, April 13, 2007

What is going on?


After a week of very poor sleep, I took a pill before bed last night. Which, of course, immediately threw me into a panic attack thinking of Anna Nicole Smith and all of her drugs. See, I am a bit of a hypochondriac as it relates to poison, medicines, etc. I used to call Poison Control regularly worrying that I had taken too many Tylenol, etc. I've grown out of that a bit. Anyhow, I think I'm about to OD on Anna Nicole -- despite the fact that I have AVOIDED all the coverage.

Moving on, so I settle down to sleep. I'm determined not to watch any criminal shows or disturbing or thought provoking TV. What does that leave? I'm not really sure. I drifted off fairly soon with last night's dream recurring. There I was again, the husband, two kids, work, bills, taxes. The oldest child, a son, had suddenly taken to fits of meanness with his younger sister. The oldest being a true teenager and the youngest being a tween wasn't exactly optimum emotional state for discussion. I noted he needed a haircut, and she looked tired. I seemed to be reflecting over their dinners the past week and wasn't exactly pleased with my role or lack thereof in that. Perhaps that's why the tween girl looked peaked. And she did. Then I was consumed with this familiar feeling - worry. But it wasn't about me. It was about her. What was going on with her? It appeared that she was struggling with her extracurricular activity and of course her fellow tweens. The older boy seemed fairly uncommunicable but tired from his activities. The husband too was stressed about work and traveling. I decided (apparently) that everyone would benefit from filet mignons (!!! yes with all those bills) and a big dinner. We all slumped over dinner, talking but exhausted whereupon everyone retreated to his/her corner to work, homework, watching TV. Just when I thought it was all over, I found myself waking, preparing breakfast, dressing hurriedly for carpool (yes!! carpool) and noticing the gasoline level was on "E." This occurred as I realized that I was about to run down the son's Chemistry/Cross Country Coach in his new car. Dropoff quickly occurred and soon I was gassing the car up. Suddenly, I found myself at home - ALONE! The morning seemed to pass quickly with my work and then a quick break for lunch. I seemed HAPPY to prepare a grilled cheese sandwich and fat free (me worry about calories??) chocolate pudding while DANCING to Justin Timberlake in the KITCHEN. Suddenly the phone rang, and I sat up in bed. Whose life IS this?

Labels: , , , ,

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey WFW: I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets into such a deep sleep that I'm startled by a wake-up call. For me, its all about "chicken" - as in feeding, checking the waterers, egg collecting and last but certainly not least, checking to see if any varmints are sniffing around. Sounds like your boy has a pretty full plate. Old Baldy

1:16 PM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

So this is a continuation of the same dream from last night?
Wow, if you keep having them maybe you can write a book.
They sure sound vivid.
Enjoy!
Huggles and Love,
Raggedy

1:52 PM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

The life I'm in is the real one. Or is it?

8:29 PM  
Blogger Lauri said...

This is like a dream journal! Good thing you're getting all of this down and documented...very fascinating.

Last night I dreamed I had a baby boy with lots of brown hair. The baby was getting sick and I couldn't tell why...later determined that my mom had been feeding it creamed corn! So strange.

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a rather vivid account. You may not have total recall but that's still rather exceptional as dream recall goes...

10:34 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

i often dance with Justin in my kitchen.

i have pics of baby lambs to share. c'mon over

12:09 AM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

Eerie...
Is this a recurring dream?

2:01 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

hey - are you ok?
thinking of you

10:08 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

wake up, sleepyhead!

11:44 AM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

Wow! That some some dream(s) - and a continuing one - like a cliff hanger.

"What if our lives were diferent?" Isn't this like "It's A Wonderful LIfe?"

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're hanging in there. It's been a while. It does seem to me that your dreaming has placed you smack in the middle of my life, WFW, although the carpool days are just ended as The Youngest drives himself these days. *sniff sniff*

10:20 AM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Time to come back. I have a meme for you.

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker