Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, April 06, 2007

An Important Day


Today I have a wonderful privilege - a windfall moment. I am meeting my first soldier from Iraq who I served as an angel for during her second deployment. We're going to dinner. She's getting married in April. She ships out for her third deployment in June. She's been to Iraq twice before. She may be headed there again. She told me that she thinks our paths were meant to cross. She has a young daughter that she's been away from almost half her life. How can this be right? She's my hero.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Akelamalu said...

She's your hero? I'm sure she feels the same way about you. That's a fine thing you've done.

12:03 PM  
Blogger phoenix said...

Please tell her I said "Thank you for your service" for me. I am proud of all our soldiers and hope they all come home soon.

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good of you to support her, and I wish her--along with her fellow soldiers--the best of luck.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Ruvym said...

I can't imagine, perhaps somewhat sadly, giving so much to someone else. Maybe it's my age, or my insistance that it's my age when it might just be a selfish personality, but it must be an incredible feeling. Perhaps your paths were meant to cross, but hopefully for more than just you being there to help her out.

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post, WFW. I understand the concept of the volunteer army, but I can't think of another instance in history when mothers of small children have been sent off to war. I think it says something unspeakable about us. I also thank her for her service, and you for recognizing her.

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there george here..well your country shut my plant down but no matter i have 35 years of service and im 57 and now retired 1 week.You know i like this retirement thing,and i should have done it sooner.Anyway i have a great pension.and im going away to that place in Italy where they paddle those oversized canoes and sing a lot.Then up to the other city where the lions feaster on us christians(yuck but hey who am i to judge a lion is a lion)Then (nope not done yet) I'm off to the land of the 300 where men are men and brave as heck so the movie shows us.Then a short stay in Gay ol Pariee(I sure hope i find the closet key there,for those people)then under the English channel to tour Britton ,Wales,Ireland and Braveheart land Scotland.You know i always wanted to get a kilt and a claymore.Fancy that.Well maybe the claymore sword i got knobby knees.Who knows i might even find a sexy lass to travel with.Nah, but its a nice dream.So i leave next Wednesday for about 3 1/2 weeks.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker