Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Getting back on track


Hi there! I'm on the road to recovery. Thanks for the well wishes. My vacation was actually really fun. Nowhere really exotic....just to the beaches of Florida. I stopped off and spent some great time with my daddy.
One of the best times I had was sitting on the floor going through his yearbooks from high school and college. He was something else! It's interesting getting a bird's eye view into your parents' pasts. I found out things about my dad I never knew (how popular he was). Things that surprised me (how irreverent he was about his studies). Things that didn't surprise me (his atheleticism). Things that amazed me (how many school transitions he made). Things to be expected (how popular cheerleaders have ALWAYS been). All in all, it made me want to go back and look at my own yearbooks. What did people write in my yearbooks? What would people surmise about me? What would yours say about you?

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger bigwhitehat said...

That is strange. I thought the beaches of Florida were full of self described exotic......never mind.

What is funny to me is reading stuff I wrote to girls.

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey WFW: we missed your posts during your "vacation." Are you saying your dad was a cheerleader? Sorry, this old egg farmer didn't get the connection between him being popular and cheerleaders being popular. My poor little old wifie. When we moved last time to a much smaller house, she had a book sale and my goodness she sold my old yearbooks right along with old crime books and my collection of a Chip Helton series. Serves me right: she told me to check to see if I wanted anything she was taking to the garage sale. Heck, she also sold the bottoms to a pair of my pajamas. Now I have a top but no bottoms. I sure liked that pajamas bottom too. Got to go pick some veggies from the garden. This is meatless Tuesday! Old Baldy

4:59 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

I love yearbooks. My daughter compares hers to mine. We had a lot of the same interests but she was by far the prettier cheerleader. (I was one year, she was four.)
Glad you're feeling better.

11:20 AM  
Blogger The Neurotic Worrywart said...

We have boring year books here =(

Our faces are only seen in class photos and nothing's ever said abt us.

I always made a good impression on my teachers though, but then again, I was the class nerd (I was one of 3 pupils in class to take 8 subjects in junior college while everyone else took 6). *shrugs*

11:56 AM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

I am glad you got to spend some revealing times with your dad. It is amazing how much we learn about our parents after we are grown.
I am glad you are feeling better.
Have a grand day!
Hugs

12:11 PM  
Blogger Zen Wizard said...

Whew--high school...don't get me started...

1:05 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Glad you enjoyed your time off. We haven't blog-spoken for ages.

I'm doing something for a charity which I discuss in my most recent post if you're interested in helping out, if only in spirit! Hugs and kisses.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Hello from Julia said...

thanks for your comments while i was gone. glad to see you got a break as well. florida is very nice! better now than in july :)

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker