Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Windfall Weekend

It was really cold here over the weekend. A group of us were out and about just running errands. Yes, "group errands." We began the dinner discussion. It seemed the majority of us wanted breakfast food for dinner (probably on account of it being so cold). We finally decided on IHOP. For those of you unfamiliar with IHOP, it's the International House of Pancakes. I've been going to the IHOP since I was a little girl. I went in college (let's not talk about THOSE visits) and right after college (nor those either). My visits now are a bit more wholesome. Anyhow, we are seated at a table and the hostess (or whom we presume to be the hostess) looks right at me and says, "I remember you. You've been coming here a long time. I got promoted, and I'm now the District Manager."

Now.....where else but America can you be a waitress at IHOP and rise up the ranks to a DM? Isn't that like.....well.....AWESOME? In honor of the occasion, I promptly ordered my "old" favorite - cheese blintzes covered in strawberry preserves with link sausage. It was YUMMY. The whole experience was really fun, and our server was fantastic. My buddy Barney was with us. He went up to pay the tab as I lingered behind and offered to leave the tip.

He looked at me and said, "How much are you going to leave?" I said....."Oh, just a good tip." "Please WFW," he said, "tell me how much. I need to know if a server is going to chase us down in the parking lot waving and smiling or if you're going to tell me to peel rubber out of the parking lot again." Poor Barney. He puts up with so much. I told him to get in the car with the others and start the engine as I put the $100 bill down and scurried out.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger phoenix said...

Wanna know something weird? I went to IHOP today as well and we NEVER go there! lol I was a piggy though and ate the country omelet. YUM!! (We didn't leave that big of a tip though... maybe someday!)

12:09 AM  
Blogger DBFrank said...

We don't have IHOPs around here, sorry to say. Have Waffle Houses (blech).
I make my own pancakes anymore; well, when I don't melt stuff in the oven that is.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

Hahaha at SC comment. I am sure he is still scraping bits of red plastic from the oven.
We don't have IHOPs either. We have Perkins.
I enjoyed your post. I am sure your server was thrilled.
It sounds like you had a great time.
Good on ya!
Hugs

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a nice tale--and a true Windfall moment.

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker