Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, February 15, 2007

This 'N That + Valentine Windfall Moment


First, let me thank everyone who provided advice on publishing unpleasant comments. I really was curious as to how different people handled it. I opted NOT to publish the comment for several reasons. #1 - I'm fairly certain I know who it came from and I wouldn't want to embarrass him. #2 - I'm fairly certain all of you would figure it out too (if you gave a rat's patootie) because he left subsequent comments somewhat explaining himself. #3 - Despite the fact that he didn't care about my feelings, I don't want to embarrass/hurt him. All nobleness aside, let me address a few things.....
I may be a Brittany look-a-like, and I may be blonde, but I sure as HELL am not a dumb blonde. If you don't like my photos, GET OVER IT! And fasten your seatbelt, because you've pissed me off now (pardon my unladylikeness here).....so you really may NOT like the photos I post for awhile. Now, some of you may really enjoy them ..........wink wink........
You probably are "getting" why the photo is posted above......yes, I'm on a soapbox. I get really sick of people who judge ANYBODY for the way they look. In fact, I'm pretty sick of those who judge others anyway. Enough about all this.....
I had a very nice Valentine's Day, but probably the best part was my windfall moment. I was at my local grocery store (not a 7-11 by the way.....inside joke there). My cashier was a sweet young girl. She noticed my bottle of Cetaphil that I use as a facial cleanser and asked me if it worked. I told her that I have delicate skin, and it is very gentle and inexpensive (old habits die hard). She then said, "I need something for my face (she had terrible acne bless her heart), and I can't afford my Proactiv that's about $50." She smiled and said, "I'm going to try this." I thought to myself -- what a brave young lady she was to say such things to a stranger.
Luckily, I had been to the bank. I pulled some big bills out of my wallet, sealed them up in a valentine addressed to "Sandy" with a note and took them over to a sleepy Customer Service Rep. I slipped out of the store smiling. Some days it's particularly great to be Windfall Woman.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy those windfall moments, though I don't know what you have against 7-11...

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy those windfall moments, though I don't know what you have against 7-11...

8:21 AM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

That was a beautiful thing to do.
Bless you.
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from
the Cool Raggedy one

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's almost always better to take the high road (although sometimes it's not as much fun). Nice WF moment. Good for you.

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was so sweet and kind of you and I'm sure it made her day. Nicely done! ;) And I have to agree that I really dislike it when people judge other people. If some people worried about their own problems half as much as they worry about other people, their problems probably wouldn't be so bad!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

That was so nice---actually that was a beautiful thing you did. I often wish to give windfall moments to others. I am a firm believer of giving is better than receiving. Thank you for being the person you are.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good for you! I'm an esthetician by trade, and I know what a difference skin can do for self-esteem... just think about how better you've made her feel! By the way... I'm not in a position to do much for windfall moments, but you inspired me into a new habit... when I go through my morning coffee drive thru, when I have spare change, I tell the teller I'll buy the coffee for the car behind me. I love seeing the big grin behind me as I pull away!
Long story short - to heck with folks who say negative things... keep being YOU!

10:29 PM  
Blogger DBFrank said...

You know, there are many reasons we love you so; your unbridled love for your fellow man (woman..etc) is just one of the reasons.
God bless ya gal.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker