Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, March 31, 2007

My Daddy is Sick


My daddy is sick. He hasn't been sick in a year. He was like "go to the ER, get an IV, get xrays sick." Sometimes I get so frustrated that he moved 9 hours away. He was 9 hours away before and now he's still 9 hours away. I can't just jump in the car and go see him. Airplane? Believe it or not, by the time, I get through parking, checking in, airport security, driving, etc., it's not much better than 9 hours. I wish he was close by. I wish I could make him some of my home cooked specialities. I wish I could go do his laundry and do his chores. I want to take care of him. It breaks my heart that I can't be with him.

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger David Edward said...

you are pulled between living where you are, ( i presume near mom) and where you want to be. Could you live in both places part time or temporarily? I know its a radical suggestion. Just thinking out loud. I will pray for you and your dad.

1:55 AM  
Blogger miwise said...

Found my way here from Dan's Blah Blah Blog. I'll be back; good posts.

Sorry your Dad is sick. Go there. You'll both feel better.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Cornbread said...

Windfall, Sorry to hear your dad is sick. Maby you could take a few days off work(if it's possible) and go see him. I know you love your dad very much from things you have wrote about him in the past. I shure hope he gets well soon. You can tell him if you want, that people out here in the cybersphere wish him the best and to get well soon.

Take Care Darlin',
Cornbread

4:20 PM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

I arrived via a link on miwise blog.

Sorry to hear about your Dad, it's a terrible worry I know and my Dad is only 20 minutes away!

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to say that the name of Bocelli is Andrea (as mine) and not Andreas, correct it in your main page. Bye

10:31 AM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

In Texas we call 9 hours long enough to spend the night.

It blows my mind that flying isn't any easier for you. I can be on a plane to anywhere within 2 hours. Little flights around Texas can be done in 1.5 hours door to door.

I think I'll count my blessings.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Lauri said...

I wish you could be closer to him as well.

12:41 PM  
Blogger momzilla said...

Go see him. I will pray for him.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

I hope he's better soon. Is a train an option between your towns? If so, perhaps it's less of a hassle than the airport.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
I am sorry your daddy is sick. I hope that he is alright and will back to good health soon.
Huggles and Love,
Raggedy

3:20 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

glad your dad is better

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker