Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The Ring











The Ring - A Poem for Dear "W"

Life is a circle; just like the ring
Representing love and all that it means

I bought it for you to wear every day
You did that until you gave it away

Still can't believe you gave it to my friend
Who then presented it to his own girlfriend

Now they’re not together
But she and I are

The ring ended up
With the better owner by far

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The argument here sounds circular--but in a good way.

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snake, you're right. But it was not without great hurt to "W" along the way.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Lauri said...

Very interesting story. I think.

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lauri - it's a true story. Lilly, thank you for the compliment.

12:04 PM  
Blogger David said...

Thanks for stopping by to pay me a visit. So you are a Daddy's girl. Can't beat that.

There has to be a story behind this poem I think.

1:08 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

That's what I call Karma in action!

4:33 PM  
Blogger phoenix said...

Nice poetry there WW! I write myself alot, especially when my emotions are high. Carlo has kept me on an even keel lately so the writing has slowed some.

Hugsssssss

7:40 PM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

Very interesting - I like it the more I digest it.
Thanks for the encouragung comment.
When I posted it, I was wondering how it might be analized and interpreted.

9:44 PM  
Blogger David Edward said...

the difficulties of life often become the raw material for the artist, the poet, the writer.
I think it is wise of you to see the ring in a better place, and to keep the friend, good friends are a treasure. I am blessed with two.

10:43 PM  
Blogger DBFrank said...

Living well is the best revenge ;)
Life IS a circle.
Great poem.

7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zardoz says
I've heard and read
"that writing ,, heals
...and frees the soul."
..in the longrun.

closure and such..!

.. I think you are
on your way .

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker