Windfall Woman

Life and times of an older Brittany Murphy look-a-like still working as a sales executive after experiencing a life changing windfall a year or so ago

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, October 24, 2005

Jim Cantore, The Weather Channel and Wilma



I'm up early this morning watching The Weather Channel's (TWC) coverage of Hurricane Wilma. Being a Category 3, it does not look as though it is going to be the threat that Katrina was. Of course, I don't live there so I won't be dealing with the power losses, flooding, fallen debris, etc. Bless those peoples' hearts!

Whenever I watch TWC, there is one correspondent that stands out -- Jim Cantore. Have you seen him? Wherever he is -- that's where it is the WORST. (Or so he wants you to believe.) This morning he has on goggle-like glasses and he keeps saying, "It is going to get WORSE." He has a great voice that resonates well. He would be a great disc jockey. Also, he looks pretty darned buff under all that TWC gear -- the good looking slickers and caps.

I researched Jim and found the following quote which I think describes him well:

"Jim is the "Mike Wallace" of meteorology. When he shows up, you know the weather is going to get interesting. Jim's passion for field reporting during extreme weather events is well known among TWC viewers. Whether it's "thunder snow", an ice storm, tornado chasing or a category 5 hurricane, there is no place Jim would rather be than right in the "eye of the storm."

How many men do YOU know who want to be in the "eye of the storm?" LOL.....

Sign me.........WINDFall Woman (pun intended)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe this guy is courageous (i.e., going into the eye of the storm, etc.) or maybe he's just bad luck: Wherever he goes, bad weather is sure to follow...

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snake, he's got to be brave. I think he gets a rush of adrenaline. He seems so STOKED over weather.

9:35 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Someone from FL wrote about him today also. she said if he shows up in your town, you should get out!

12:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kenju, that's funny! She has a point for sure.

5:31 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

well, you need to meet "skunk" on my blogroll...he likes to chase tornados...he's a great guy but not too smart in that department as I keep telling him!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Ruvym said...

I love Jim! He's always so psyched about the weather. It's awesome hearing someone who's passionate about what he does, especially when a lot of the other correspondents are so bland and unexcited. It's hurricanes and tornados and earthquakes we're talking about here! How can that be boring?

2:43 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Oooo, what a cutie! I may go back to watching the Travel Channel...

11:01 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Jim's a hottie, I'll even watch boring weather if he's on. :)

It's funny, I just noticed that Jimbo was in the little town of Palm Bay, That's where my grandfather is. Poppy says he only lost some shingles, thankfully.

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker